Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

XPS Pedal Question

Just bought a JVT-59 and love it! I am looking at an XPS Pedal to a/b between the PA & Amp, but mostly want it to power the guitar instead of using the battery.

I am unsure about how this works... It appears that there is only a 1/4" input on the box - does a standard 1/4" guitar cable work? Do you need a special cable? Am I way off and this does not power the guitar?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a new XPS a/b pedal, but with no power supply. I picked up a cheap AC 9V 2000mA adapter and here is what happens:

It does power the JTV 59

But, the power light never comes on

The XLR & 1/4" lights work

But, no matter which of those is lit the signal is always coming out the 1/4"

So, bad pedal? Or, bad power supply that isn't allowing the pedal to reach its potential?

I just bought a new XPS a/b pedal, but with no power supply. I picked up a cheap AC 9V 2000mA adapter and here is what happens:

It does power the JTV 59

But, the power light never comes on

The XLR & 1/4" lights work

But, no matter which of those is lit the signal is always coming out the 1/4"

So, bad pedal? Or, bad power supply that isn't allowing the pedal to reach its potential?

It sounds like you're not using a TRS cable. With a regular guitar cable, you're only sending audio from the pedal - not power from the pedal to the guitar.

It sounds like you're not using a TRS cable. With a regular guitar cable, you're only sending audio from the pedal - not power from the pedal to the guitar.

Thanks... Actually was using a TRS cord and it did power the guitar. I've ordered a proper Line 6 power supply and we'll see if that was the issue.