Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

All valves suddendly stopped ( spider mk II hd100)

Sinestic

Hello ,

The last month i played in my home with spider valve mk II hd100 and after playing at very moderetely volumes as usual i cut power from it and i covered it with a bed sheet. A few day ago i power on it ,take a few second to heating valves with standby on, but all the valves did not work !

I always use a current-voltage stabilizer so it is impossibile for it to take some current-voltage jump and during this month never have touched it , so it's impossibile to take account of physical damage.

All the valve doesn't not work at all, very strange. The amplifier hardware works very fine, all the lights are on , but the valves are not. I use it infrequently and at minimum volume, so although i buyed it 3 years and half ago it's strange that all the valves stopped to work suddendly. The last time i've played it there was a great sound, no oscillation in volume , great basses and dynamics.

Please help me ..

• 2 weeks later...

There are two fuses inside on the amplifier board...One is for the heaters and the other is for the plates...Last time my mark II blew a power tube it took the plate fuse with it...fuses on the back were fine...If you are not seeing the heaters, it could be the heater fuse, but I tend to think it would be rare that one would blow...

• 8 years later...