Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod X3 Live, Disabling Amp Model

es336td

I see they changed things in the forums again... goodie.  Once things work, why can't they leave them alone?   I realize, being a software developer, that they want to use the latest and greatest....  but damn.

Now, back to the question...   It is my understanding from the GearBox documentation, that I can disable the amp models and the X3 Live would be basically like my M9; just effects.  I have done so, however, I notice that the volume on the amp model is left on and on most occasions zeroed.   There are times when I want to use this thing (X3 Live) as an effects pedal board with my tube amps.   I disabled the amp models on some patches I had set up so I could have all the effects.   Had to adjust the volumes on the amps model (even though it was disabled) to where they were.   Now instead of hearing my Blues Jr, or Mesa Boogie SOB colored by the delay, chorus, or whatever, each tone sounds weird.  They should all be basically the same, except without the extra kick of the amp model and its EQ.   What am I doing wrong?  Have I misunderstood how to run this thing?

Thanx

L