Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Blu Tooth "stuttering"

Leftzilla

I have noticed some stuttering in the Blu tooth signal being sent to the Amplifi when streaming from my phone.  I do not hear this with my Bose blu tooth spkr and was wondering if anybody else has experienced this problem?

• Upvote 1

Yes, same here. It annoys the hell out of me. I'm having to plug the iphone in.

I was going to get G50 relay to plug into amplifi for practice sessions but I'm having trust issues with Line6. 

Have you heard any feedback from Line6 on the issue?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. I am experiancing the same issue even after updating to the latest device flash on my Amplifi 75.  Even if I put my hand in front of my iOS device, between the amp and the iOS the music stops (looses the signal). Once I remove my hand the music then begins to play again. Same happens if I move the iOS behind a wall that is less than 10 feet away from the amp.. Acts more of a line-of-sight connection than bluetooth.  My jambox maintains a strong connection regardless of obstructions and has a much farther signal range.

The iOS device software is currently up-to-date.

Line6 Admins - Any suggestions or future fixes in the works?  Don't get me wrong... This is a fun all in one practice amp but as a bluetooth media player without a strong, reliable connection it's a deal breaker for me and will be making it's way back to the music store for a refund.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to see some of you run into Bluetooth issues. Please make sure to update your amp and follow ALL of the steps found at http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifiers/ampl/amplififirmwareupdate. One of the things the update does is improve Bluetooth performance.

We've seen some folks not complete all the steps and see the amp not perform as expected. Feel free to contact us at line6.com/support if you need assistance with the procedures outlined in the above KB article.

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks, I ham experiencing the exact same issue, even after the flash update. its like its line of sight only... if i 'dance' in front of the amp (amplifi75) it stops streaming altogether. I need two be within to metres on the amp to get a stream.

Dodgy as all hell.  

I connect to my old bose bluetooth and my car bluetooth system without issue!!!??

using iPhone 5s

any suggestions? may just have to bring this amp back and call it quits...

• 3 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem,, stuttering,, skips,, not a line of sight issue either. I have used 3 different Iphone 5s's on it. Updated my iphone,,, updated the Amplifi. Still no change. Took the Amplfi back to where i purchased it, of course it the problems wouldn't happen while i was there at the store, but they graciously exchanged it. Got the new one home,, exact same thing. Happens while i both streaming off Songza, or just listening to itunes. So its not my internet connection thats for sure. Also the Ampifli app constantly disconnects as well. What to do ?  Anyone from Line6 care to chime in on this ?  Cool amp,,,,, very glitchy

• 3 weeks later...

I'm satisfied. 99% bluetooth clean stream for me on new 2.0 firmware, better than 90% from past firmware. I can get 100% if I don't move, touch or mess with my smartphone (the amplifi remote controller app). My device being HTC One Max Android Verizon, and sometimes Nexus 7 tablet.

Tips: keep the device as close to the amplifi (mine is model 150) as possible, find the clearest/fastest wifi channel (mine is 5GHz Apple Time Capsule), keep the device plugged in (for best CPU and wifi performance, disables most power saving and makes it fast as possible), most importantly make the hand-horn (index finger up, middle fingers down, pinky up, thumb in) the standard rock 'n' roll salute!

post-2120996-0-82307500-1417206035_thumb.png

Hi, guys. Hopefully the video below will help you get better performance from AMPLIFi.

That's a new overview video that goes over some of the concepts surrounding the amp's performance and what could potentially hinder it. We have more videos at http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifi-products/videos/

Environment and your surroundings can play a big part in performance. You could potentially take the same AMPLIFi unit to another location to see it work well, while the same Bose or other BT unit perform poorly.

Updating the amp is always suggested. Those with continued issues should contact our staff at www.line6.com/support for more suggestions.

• 8 months later...

I have the same problem

It is severe though and makes the Bluetooth streaming utterly unuseable

I've tried it with and iPad mini and iPad and iPhone 6

Latest formats are 2.10 but still appaulling

Move it about the house till you find a spot that works ... Isn't all that helpful

My soundbar works fine my jam on works fine

I've tried it in different rooms but it is still terrible

Hard wired for music it is I'm afraid but not working for me over blietooth at all

That was one of the big features