Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Changing Harmonizer keys on the fly

KFURIO

Has anybody discovered a clever way of changing the harmonizer key for a given preset on the fly?  When I'm playing live and the patch I'm using has the harmonizer set to Em but we're playing a song in F minor, how can I change the Harmonizer setting without going into the edit menu? It would suck to have to create like 8 identical patches with a different harmony key for each patch just to accomplish this.  Anybody find a better way?

You can assign any/all of the parameters of the smart harmonizer to the expression pedal. Although you could have more than two setups per patch per harmonizer doing this, realistically you could have two harmonizer setups per patch per harmonizer by setting the min/max values appropriately.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

The key is the first parameter of the FX for smart harmonizer. bend or squat down, put on your glasses or magnifier, navigate curser,, double click "enter", turn the first knob till it is in key, double click "enter" to exit. Remove glasses.

It'l revert back to the pre saved key when you bank up or down, Which can be handy if your snger can only sing in G

...I haven't seen a preset for intelligent harmony that left room for an expression pedal...

http://line6.com/support/topic/4573-how-do-you-use-your-expression-pedal-besides-volume-and-wah/?do=findComment&comment=30065

The "Hotel California" harmony parts change from B-Harmonic-Minor 2 A-Major and back again. Attaching demo patch, where the smart harmony params (key+scale) r assigned 2 the max 'n min values of the exp pedal.

Other similar examples : "We are an American band" attached demo patch harmony solo (changing from D-Major 2 C-Major) , "Highwaystar",etc.

smart-harmony-demo-patches-controlling-params-with-exp2.zip