Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bought a new DT25 today - need a footswitch

dbedard67

Hello everyone, I bought a new DT25 stack today, and I need to get a footswitch.  

Before posting I searched the forum and saw several posts saying "any two button footswitch will do", but I also read posts that people had issues with their two button switch, so . . . 

Does Line 6 make a footswitch for this amp? (please don't answer with HD-500, that may be a next step, but I'm not there yet :)

If not, what switches do you guys use successfully?

What do you recommend (make/model)?

Thanks, I appreciate the help!

Dennis

After a little research, I think I'm wrong about the above footswitch. The Champ only uses a mono 1/4" cable as well. You definitely need a TRS for the DT-25. Something like this would work: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KoolKats-2-Button-Footswitch-for-Rivera-Pubster-FS-20-/380812562321?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58aa328f91

• Upvote 1

I pulled the trigger yesterday and went ahead and got an HD-500X and a 50ft AES/EBU cable for the L6 link.  I'll get the DT-25 Head & Cab Thursday and should have the HD500X by Monday.

I prefer tube/analog stuff, but I also love the programmability and exactness of digital modellers (hence the Fender Mustang III), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed this will work out well.  

I've been carrying around a 50 pound Fender Blues Deluxe 1X12 and/or a 70 pound Mesa/Boogie Express 5:50 2X12 for the last five years, so I opted for the Head/Cab over the combo to ease the back strain a little :)

Psyched for the brown truck to arrive!

• Upvote 1

Just an FYI...A mono 1/4 switch will work fine for channel switching channels only on the DT25...I have one an old little mono peavey footswitch...However, a TRS two button switch will allow you to turn the reverb on and off also...I use the same mono switch on my DT50 and DT25...works fine for switching channels...DT50 does not have the reverb ability as I recall....Dang has it really been that long?

• Upvote 1

I've tried the 2 button stereo footswitch that came with my Peavey Bravo 112 and it works fine.  The only minor issue is that the buttons are reversed (channel/reverb).  I still use it with the Peavey so I don't want to modify the switch but it would be easy to do.  Here's one on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peavey-2-Button-Stereo-1-4-Phone-Plug-Footswitch-W-Reverb-Select-Effect-Switch-/291216284983?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item43cdd7dd37

I pulled the trigger yesterday and went ahead and got an HD-500X and a 50ft AES/EBU cable for the L6 link.  I'll get the DT-25 Head & Cab Thursday and should have the HD500X by Monday.

I prefer tube/analog stuff, but I also love the programmability and exactness of digital modellers (hence the Fender Mustang III), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed this will work out well.  

I've been carrying around a 50 pound Fender Blues Deluxe 1X12 and/or a 70 pound Mesa/Boogie Express 5:50 2X12 for the last five years, so I opted for the Head/Cab over the combo to ease the back strain a little :)

Psyched for the brown truck to arrive!

I have the same rig except the POD is the older HD500. After a couple years I still really like it. I much prefer the head/cab over a combo for weight split and the sound of the closed back cab. One thing I did find however, is that the cab speaker has the laser needle forward if you like the mid range tones so I ended up installing a "beam blocker" which really worked nicely to diffuse those frequencies FYI. Enjoy the rig.

When I got my DT50 about 4 months ago I had 3 options for switching:

1) Standard foot switch between 2 channels

2) POD 500HD or HDx

3) MIDI Foootswitch

I decided to go the MIDI route even though it is the less used of most configurations. I am glad I did, after a lot of searching I found these.. While they are a bit pricey, they do anything you need MIDI wise and it can send up to 20 MIDI commands to control the DT50 or DT25's settings. I tried some other lower priced options but this really does anything you need and once you use it you will be glad you grabbed it, I know I was..

Liquid Foot MIDI Controllers

You can basically change any parameter and not have to save anything to the amp, So if you want a JCM800 but with Pentode and Class A you can do it and control volume, drive, EQ, etc all with one foot switch press.

They also have a good Windows/OSX editor so you can do everything offline and then send it to the foot switch instead of programming the foot switch with the buttons itself.

You can also setup set lists/songs, which I am in the process of getting done myself so I can hit one switch and change any other MIDI gear I have and change the amp as well for different parts (solo, verse, bridge etc). So no tap dancing...  :rolleyes:

I hope this helps!

Mark

• Upvote 1