Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Graphtech pickups

Hi all

I know on the old forum there were posts that had guides on how to install Graphtech pickups on my Variax 700. I have done a search here but cant find the guide, does anybody have any useful links?

It would also be useful to have a link (preferably UK / European) to the pickups I would need.

TIA

John

Hi all

I know on the old forum there were posts that had guides on how to install Graphtech pickups on my Variax 700. I have done a search here but cant find the guide, does anybody have any useful links?

It would also be useful to have a link (preferably UK / European) to the pickups I would need.

TIA

John

This may not directly help, but maybe indirectly?

http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/24852

The info about half way down is potentially very useful.

Thanks for posting.

I am assuming that the pickups I need are the strat style one? Can anybody confirm?

Cheers

John

http://www.graphtech.com/products/brands/ghost/ghost-pickups---guitar

measure your string gap and check the link for your model.

I transferred two vax guts into two Strat clones and changed to Graphtech and havent looked back.

You'll have to go into workbench and lower the string outputs to avoid overloading the Pod (or whatever you use). I found about 70% was the same lever as the Baggs ones I replaced. My transplants were from a 300 and a 600, but from what I know all piezos were the same on the early vaxes.

I found it easier (on the second transplant) to separate the ground wire from the hot wire on the Graphtech and and cut the ground near the connection plug, leaving the connection on the hot wire and plugging that directly into the main PCB. Hope this makes sense. Go carefully separating the wires - they're really fine. For soldering the grounds all together, just get a lighter or some kind of flame and burn off the coating.

Good luck with it!