Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Next gen high end range from Line 6?

GazzaBloom

It's been a few years now since the HD500 and the slight revamp in the 500X with no further amp/pedal models being released. I would imagine that a next generation range of equipment must be in the pipeline to replace the HD series to meet the higher end of the market than Amplifi is aimed at.

I wonder what we'll see? What is the future of the DT amplifier range and will there continue to be L6 Link connectivity with any new range of high end multi fx devices?

I'm not sure I like the iOS Bluetooth editing of the Amplifi mainly because the interface in the app looks awful to me with slider bars for adjustment so I really hope we're not in for a range of Amplifi Pro products.

I think the PODHD/DT package is so complete that it's hard to imagine a range that will be different enough with new desirable features to tempt me to upgrade.

Gazza

I would imagine that a next generation range of equipment must be in the pipeline to replace the HD series to meet the higher end of the market than Amplifi is aimed at.

Can't talk about what we're working on, but it must be stressed that yes, AMPLIFi and POD HD are indeed two different lines, developed separately, for two different sections of the market. That said, POD HD isn't going away anytime soon—she's got plenty of life left in her.

I think the PODHD/DT package is so complete that it's hard to imagine a range that will be different enough with new desirable features to tempt me to upgrade.

Challenge accepted!  :D

• Upvote 5

POD HD isn't going away anytime soon—she's got plenty of life left in her.

Well thats great to hear. Just a few tweaks needed from me: 

• HD Edit - on screen tuner functionality required (like Gearbox used to have) and general interface refresh with better, more intuitive control of the FX parameters, especially the EQs, I need to see an EQ shape/curve with preferably some sliders to tweak.
  • PODHD500X - a Blues Junior and Dr Z Maz 18 amp models
  • PODHD500X - some more modern overdrives modelled such as Tim/OCD etc, a better emulation of the EH Memory Man Analog Delay, An EH Electric Mistress Flanger and BOSS BF-2 Flanger perhaps

i think digital igloo basically said "challenge accepted" as a hint that he has some things in the works he can't speak of...

things that will exceed the current dream rig by the context of his post...

i think its an obvious interpretation...

but obviously he can't come out and say any more or he would have...

so remain cynical if you must.....

Where have you heard that something is coming for the pros ?  I haven't seen anything here except it has a lot of life left in it.

Gazza

Challenge accepted!  :D

The comments and statements that I read were posted on another forum and go back months and certainly have little value out of context. But adding them up and looking at the big picture, one could assume that is the direction and of course we all know what it is to assume. For all we know, "the something for the pros" could be Line 6 embroidered hats and gloves for the winter.

Hats and gloves....!!!! Sign me up!!!  ;)

Brand New Line 6 HW500 (HW stands for "Head Warmer"):

kZPdhya.jpg

What's this "head warmer" nonsense? Everyone in Canada knows it's a toque!! (Rhymes with "puke", and when seen together there's usually ice fishing and snowmobiles involved.)

(I just call it like it is.)

Edited by silverhead
Edited for cultural enlightenment and a lame attempt at humour.

What's this "head warmer" nonsense? Everyone in Canada knows it's a toque!!

(I just call it like it is.)

Does the HW500 have the integral in ear monitoring system? If not I want no parts of it, lol.

P.S.: Cool hat though!!! Reminds me of MacMurphey in the cookoos nest.

I'd like the new floor model to have a hinged cover over the display and the small knobs below it. That little bar only protects the operator from stepping on stuff. It doesn't protect against other impacts, even while in a gig bag or pedalboard bag. Removable clear cap, perhaps?

My damage was to one of the knobs, not the screen.. I'm still not sure how my singer did it, but he managed to push the knob straight down.  If you pull it up, it will still work, but it spins free once gravity kicks back in.  That's what made me think of it.  Just a low-profile, slightly squeezable cap that can fit into little metal clamps to the right and left of the nav buttons on either side of the screen.. Would make a world of difference in making me feel secure playing out.

I'm assuming that the A910 version is the entry-level product.  Looks like if you want the "Pro" version you have to step up to the A970:

http://www.dx.com/p/line5-a970-portable-headphone-stereo-audio-amplifier-champagne-gold-271633#.U_5mEMWwISE

I'm confused about the pricing structure, though.  They're both $29.95.  Won't the Pro version cannibalize sales of the entry level version?  Also, the Pro version say "Speaker System" on the box.  Is this replacing the Stage Source product?  You better not forget those of us who bought the old system.

I've got a hundred more sarcastic comments built up over the years of lurking on this forum and seeing the same cycles repeat and repeat and repeat.  But, I just feel dirty after looking at those knock-off websites.  I think I better stop...