Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tri-chorus as a stereo chorus?

frstrat

Hi all,

I recently purchased a HD500x.  Am having a pleasant time dialing up tones but have a question: does anyone have a suggestion on how to create a stereo chorus effect with the tri chorus?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Floyd

The tri chorus is a stereo effect, so I'm not sure I quite understand the question. The greater the mix, the more stereo it will sound. But more importantly, make sure there are no mono effects after the tri chorus.

If you can spare the dsp, try using a pitch glide in one of the paths (A or B), set the pitch to +0.1 and the mix to 100%. It's more natural sounding as a chorus, and has a bigger stereo separation too.

• Upvote 1

The "amount" of stereo and chorus effect can be different by where it's placed in your effect chain.

Typically modulation, delay and echo effects are placed after the Amp in the HD units.

So move it around and see what pleases your ear the most. ;)

Thanks for the insight.  I typically place mod and delay effects post amp model but I wasn't playing the tri chorus at the end of the chain.  I also often have mono delay and/or reverbs post tri chorus.  Placing the chorus at the end of the chain has led to pleasing results as has placing a stereo delay after the chorus! 

I appreciate the assistance.  The tweekability of the HD500x can be overwhelming at time.

F

• 4 weeks later...

I always use chorus effects at the very beginning of the chain. Otherwise I get very painful noise. I´m a bit surprised that it seems to be common to use modulation post-amp. Any Idea where this noise can come from? Use it for my clean sound. Can it come from the tube compressor? Everything sounds good, if I place the chorus before the tube comp but then I can´t use the stereo.

Thanks for reply :D