Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

So, yeah...returned to GC

mdt0266

And I had SUCH high hopes for the FX100...just like my (second) thread said, out of the box, spot on..nice tones, easy to tweak, etc....then, as the next few days progressed, the unit seemed to just become "unstable"...I'm not sure what else to call it. Ileichtman (Line 6 forum member) started a thread with a similar experience. I kept losing signal to my practice amp (Fender Blues Jr). The guitar volume would just dump and become scratchy and thin. I thought maybe cables, so I swapped them out...nope, cables good. Amp tubes all bright. Plugged in my XT Live and everything was perfect again. This happened about 3-4 times. I didn't even try to take it to rehearsal....I just boxed it up and took it back to Guitar Center and upgraded to HD500X...

Aftef that, there was zero chance I was ever going to trust this unit to play live with in a gig...I really had hoped it was technology was ready for "prime time"....maybe I didn't give it an honest chance, idk, but my (very) old Pod XT is as stable as they come, I would expect the same from a new Line 6 product.

Now on to learn about the HD500....

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is relevant to me. I also have a Blues Jr. that I want to connect the fx100 to. Any settings or anything that you found worked for you? Did you just run from the fx100's amp out to the Blues Jr.?

I also owned an HD500 and while I liked it, it was just a bit more complicated than I wanted. I found myself doing too much tweaking and not enough playing/practicing. This wouldn't be so bad, but since I still suck at guitar I need all the practice I can get. ;) The HD500 is a GREAT unit though. I haven't had any experience with the HD500X at all, but it looks even nicer at first glance.

Hey Kevan...yep, I did just run to the Blues Jr. I kept the amp itself clean, no reverb, etc. used the FX100 for any effects. Initially, I was able to get very nice tones, but after those few episodes of "instability" (I really don't know what else to call them....other than one minute it's working gone, the next minute....not working)....I just knew I could not trust it during a live set.