Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is there any fix for the Floor pod plus noise issue?

5 years is not very old for Boss or even Digitech. I accept responsibility when I break something. Defective product is a whole different story and what we're talking about here. I'd appreciate if you stop accusing people of breaking things as that is NOT what this thread is about. It is about a defective product.

you don't have to break things... for them to end up broken....

quality of power, handling, environment and many other things factor in.

but if the issue didn't exist for the length of the warranty....

then the issue isn't covered as a defect anyway....

a warranty covers defects for a set length of time...

So basically it's not a quality product. Got it. I agree then, there is no fix for trashy quality.

Nope.  Sometimes, with any manufacturer, a defective product gets through.  That's what warranties are for.  

Over the course of time however, parts can wear out or develop problems.  This can happen with just about any product.  In the original poster's case, because he purchased it used, there's no way of knowing whether the problem existed off the assembly line, or whether it developed later.  In my opinion, Line 6 should not be responsible for a product that is now clearly out of warranty.

It sucks to have bought defective used equipment, but Line 6 cannot be responsible for a piece of gear forever.

I don't think anyone's ever asked about warranty coverage. The only thing anyone ever asked is if there is a fix for it and the resounding answer is obviously no. It does suck when you buy a subpar product but more than that, it raises a red flag for me about buying any future products. I used to brag on that original Pod because it has worked for years flawlessly but apparently the quality hasn't kept up over the years. Anyhow this thread and the many others with quality concerns caused me to trash the line 6, warn others online and I ended up buying a Vox modeling amp. It's 10 years old and working fantastic and just in time for my gig. That is my suggested fix for the rest of you that are asking about this widespread problem but getting no answers. Happy gigging!

I'm positive that there is a fix... go to the service center and have them look at it....

you're on a forum with a bunch of users not electronics repair experts.

if you want an official line6 response... call them or fill in a support ticket...

this is not the way to get that response... 

your issue is really not as widespread as you'd like to believe.

http://line6.com/company/contact/

and no... noone asked about warranty coverage, because everyone's unit is far past their warranty...

because their units lasted far past their warranty... 

sorry none of that is what you wanted to hear....

but you will get a more official response by pursuing the correct path to get that response.

i've noticed that the sound is present when the unit is "heated up" like 5 minutes after u got her on...

maybe a small heatsink over the U25 can solve the problem? i will try that :D

edit after a teardown:

the processing unit it's not so heated like i supposed, but an lm317t burns like a hell... i suppose it's 70-80°C because i can't keep my finger on longer than half second...
maybe that's the fault idk, the other lm317t aren't that warm

• 5 years later...
On 9/15/2014 at 2:53 PM, raijin26 said:

i've noticed that the sound is present when the unit is "heated up" like 5 minutes after u got her on...

maybe a small heatsink over the U25 can solve the problem? i will try that :D

edit after a teardown:

the processing unit it's not so heated like i supposed, but an lm317t burns like a hell... i suppose it's 70-80°C because i can't keep my finger on longer than half second...
maybe that's the fault idk, the other lm317t aren't that warm

I have the same problem with my "Floor Pod Plus". I opened the unit and I found the same heating problem with the LM317T voltage regulators that supply a 3.3V output voltage.

I bought it 8 years ago, and I used it at home aprox 10 times, I think no more than an hour. It's like new, and I think it's a manufacturing issue. I tried to change the 2 capacitors, one in front of the integrated circuit and one immediately after, but it has no effect. I don't understand why it heats up so much. I'm interested if someone still found a solution.

Have you tried running it into a real guitar amp instead of into your computer's sound card? Those usually can't handle the frequencies and levels that come out of a Pod or any other stomp boxes. 

• 1 month later...