Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Rubber plugs for bean POD stand?

dreamsinger

https://www.globalfulfillment.net/gfsnet/line6/10expand.aspx?ProductCode=98-030-0009   expensive

i would try an adhesive  like rubber cement. you apply it to both parts, wait until it gets tack

Ten freakin' bucks? I wouldn't mind if they weren't apparently designed to fall off and create a neverending repeating market for replacements. The adhesives don't work. I think I'll crank up the lathe and make some tapered aluminum plugs that will screw on.

wouldn't be that hard to just get some right size bolts... then slip little bits of rubber hose on the protruding parts really...

probably less than 10 bucks and you could experiment with the size and get a nice snug, secure fit.

wouldn't be that hard to just get some right size bolts... then slip little bits of rubber hose on the protruding parts really...

probably less than 10 bucks and you could experiment with the size and get a nice snug, secure fit.

Excellent idea. I was overthinking it with the idea that they had to be tapered like the rubber ones. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just ridiculous. Can't get these in UK. I don't know why we put up with rubbish. They are not fit for purpose. We shouldn't have to pay for more of them or spend time and money on a creative solution. We have paid for thr product already. Very poor show Line6. Also removed support for the product line as well due to obsolescence. I would never spend serious money on their products due to risk of suffering their f*** you attitude.

• 9 years later...

I know this is an old topic, but I got one of these POD holders that was missing two of the rubber feet, so I was looking around, but I ended up coming up with my own solution: By four standoffs (you'll know what it is when you see it below), all 6-32 thread size and male-female, 1/4" hex.  Two will be 2" long, and two will be 1.5" long.  You'll need to round the edges of the standoffs for about 3/4" inch of the female end. I did it by putting each one in a drill chuch and spinning it against a grinding wheel, though the same could be done with a drill and, say, 80 grit sand paper or just with the sand paper.  With a #2 phillips screwdriver, remove the four screws from the POD and screw the 2" standoffs into top end of the POD and the 1.5" standoffs in the bottom end.  Screw the screws into the female ends for safe keeping.  Your rounded portions of the standoffs will slide through the holes in the POD holder and create a very secure connection. If you have the sandpaper or a grinder, the cost will be around 2-4 dollars.Standoff.jpg