Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G90 dropout

d93swo

Hi, I've use G90 in my place. But it doesn't work well. The signal dropouts even in the next room( less than 5ft, and door is open), How could I solve this? And I worry when I use G90 in the stage or in a big arena. Please help me, thank you.

I use it yesterday in a small arena can contain .about 5k people. It's rehearsal yesterday. When I use RF2, it dropout several times( very short and discontinuous). When I change it to RF1, It's fine. Even when I walk to the PA, it works well. But there's no audience yesterday. I will know if cellphone or wifi hotpot does interfere or not tonight.  

The show is fine and G90 works well yesterday. Thank you.

According to your answer, I wonder why Line6 publish RF2? What situation makes dysfunction of RF1?

If you can control the venue's wifi, it makes it so you can put two more devices active, and it doesn't interfere with other wifi signals as much;  think of it as a 'plays well with others' mode (RF2) vs 'I Want It All' (RF1) (yes, think of that as sung by Freddie Mercury).

• 3 years later...

I had the same problem but with a G55. Turned out that the problem was actually the battery slot in the wireless transmitter. It has some hard sponge behind the steel contacts, on the inside,  that over time shrinks and when you move, the batteries no longer make contact. That's why it disconnects "randomly". 1st I had the impression that there was a problem with the receiver or the signal, due to interference. Then I accidentally discovered that it was actually the sending unit that was causing the problems when I saw it resetting. My device was no longer in warranty and I managed to solve the problem. To see if u have this problem too, take the wireless transmitter in your hand, shake it sideways and watch if it resets. Taking your unit to a professional electrician will solve it (and it's supposed to be cheap). If you want to do it at home, ask me how and I will help you. Send me a private message, I am not following these forums as I haven't had problems with my line 6 products until now.