Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is the JTV69 Discontinued?

JTV69 = DISCONTINUED?

I can see every retailer is marking down the JTV69's
Are they discontinued and the JTV59 will be the only one left?

Anyone knows what's going on?

I just ordered my JTV69 and would like to know where all this is going

thanks,
Charles

PS: Anyone know where can I download the Variax HD Workbench?

Thanks… TheRealZap

I wasn't able to get the software because I was choosing Variax in the first drop down menu.
If you just go to the second drop down menu and choose Workbench then you can.

How about the JTV69 question?
Everyone is dumping those guitars like if they have a virus or something

C

There has certainly been no announcement about JTV-69 discontinuation. Anything anyone tells you here is pure speculation until and unless there is an official announcement. And remember that they will continue to be supported for a long time after official discontinuation.

So you can look at this in two ways:

1) Price reductions are a bad thing and indicate 'a virus or something', even though there's no specific evidence of anything bad.

2) A great product that will be supported for a long time is available at a great price.

Are you a glass-half-empty or glass-half-full kind of guy?

Silverhead

I always see the glass half full

Is because everywhere I look there are basically giving away JUST the JTV69 and not the JTV59.

I'm worried because I just got one with the Dream FRFR Rig and wanted to know

After spending over $2k's I think quite a few individuals will be a little concerned like me

thanks,

Charles

First off, your guitar is just as good if they stop making that model!  Don't worry about that.  The JTV69 is very popular so I doubt that they would discontinue it.  Every car you buy is discontinued at the end of the year and replaced by a new model.  Any suggestion that JTV's are discontinued is pure speculation and I doubt that it's the case.

After spending over $2k's I think quite a few individuals will be a little concerned like me

Concerned about what? Is your guitar suddenly performing less well because it's price was reduced? Do you not still have exactly what you paid for?

Well, I'm afraid that's true of technology products in general - not just the JTV-69.

If and when the 'better, newer model' that you speak of becomes available - don't buy it - ever. Because at any point in time, you'll certainly be able to get it cheaper later.

Actually I have been seeing the opposite. A couple of months ago I saw a couple of online places that had the JTV-69s in gold(Sweetwater or zZounds) for $899, now the price on the 69s has gone to $999 in gold $1399 for the others. The HSS 69 is $999 and if you want Lake Placid it is $1399. Same with the 59. originally $1499, dropped to $1299, now back to $1499.

Supply and demand in action