Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Set Microphone Input For All My Patches

mypods

If I change the input to MIC and then change the patch, the HD500 reverts back to the guitar input. Seems that the input is set per-patch and not globallt.

This sucks big time for me as I would like to quickly test a bunch of presets with my mic and currently there is no way to do this other than go to the I/O page for each and every patch!

Is there a way to enable the MIC globally?

Thanks!

Actually, you can change the inputs globally. On the setup screen 3/10, there's a parameter called "inputs setup". If you select "global" here, the way you setup the inputs will override any settings you have saved with your presets. In HD500 Edit, this parameter is up in the upper left hand corner of the screen.

I went to my HD500 and didn't have this option. Then I noticed that you said "setup screen 3/10" and I only had 9 in total! So I opened up Line 6 Monkey and noticed that I was using the 1.3 firmware and the latest one was 2.10.

After upgrading, all's good.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Great! I'm loving the sound of this processor. Not too hot about the interface. After years of using Digitech, this processor's UI seems very counter-intuitive. But it sounds much better than my old Digitechs so it's all good!