Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dt25 Firmware Update Error "invaliid Parameter"

drschultz

Trying to update my DT25 from 1.0 to 2.0.  I am using the M-Audio USB to Midi.  I connect it up (Windows 7).  Monkey sees the DT25 except it does not dettect a ESN.  Not sure if that is a problem.  So I downloaad the firmware file and load it up.  It does some stuff then stops with an error msg.

I have attached the screen shots.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Dan

post-1140499-0-57221800-1370996372_thumb.jpg

post-1140499-0-63479600-1370996392_thumb.jpg

in connecting the midi cables to the gear, i made this mistake. where the cable says out, i connected it to the gear's midi in, simply because i thought it was like send/return on an effects loop. looking closer, i read to midi in and to midi out.perhaps you did the same.

it's all very confusing to me

Procedure

1. Connect your MIDI interface to your computer via USB cable.
  2. Connect the DT25/DT50 MIDI Out to your MIDI interface In, and connect the DT25/DT50 MIDI In to your MIDI interface Out.
  3. Launch the Line 6 Monkey with the DT25/DT50 connected via the MIDI interface and powered on.
  4. Select the Flash Memory line item and click the Update Selection button to install the flash memory update into the DT25/DT50.
  5. The device will receive the firmware data and the unit will be updated to the latest Firmware.

***If the firmware update fails and you are having trouble reconnecting to Line 6 Monkey, please try putting the unit into SAFE MODE before starting up and connecting to the Line 6 Monkey software.  To do this, hold the channel select switch down to 'Channel B' and power on the DT amplifier while holding this switch down.  Let go of the switch after 10 seconds or so, then re-start Line 6 Monkey and follow the steps above to update/re-install the flash memory.

Got same problem but solved it easy. 1st I was thinking it was my cheap usb midi interface but that wasnt the problem. I just registered my dt25 as asked in monkey and it work the 1st time after many hours of failures.

I download the m-audio uno drivers and the firmware loaded further than before but got this message (see attached) not I get no sound from the unit and the switches no longer respond.  I load monkey and it thinks its been updated to 2.0.

Any thoughts now?

BTW:  I downloaded the DT edit program and know that the cable was connected correctly becuase I could change parementers on the screen and watch the amp change.

Thanks,

post-1140499-0-89238300-1370998849_thumb.jpg