Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD500 as an amp-mic audio interface

talbehar

Hello everyone.

I have been using my HD500 as a direct audio interface, which means that I have recorded my guitar tracks with it on my Cubase 5, and all the guitar sounds came from it.

My question is-can I use it as I would use a UX1/UX2? I want to mic my marshall amp and use the HD as an audio interface ONLY, without it having any affect over my sound. Is that possible? If so-how will I set it up?

Thanks!

Sure you can do that. To set it up, connect your guitar directly to your amp and connect the mic to the MIC input on the HD500. Create a preset on the HD500 to handle the incoming mic signal. Do not use any amp in the preset; you could start with a completely 'empty' preset (no amp/FX) and then perhaps add an FX or two for level control like the studio preamp, and/or minimal processing like a touch of reverb or compression.

No - you shouldn't have to make any other adjustments. You can adjust the HD mic input level using the dial that you will see beside the Mic In jack on the rear of the HD500.

And the HD is built for this task; all you're doing is using its mic input as designed and its USB audio interface capability as designed. Also, the UX audio interfaces have nothing to do with tone; they just do exactly what the HD500 does in terms of being an audio interface - they transmit an incoming signal over USB to your computer/DAW.

• Upvote 1