Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD DESKTOP DISCONTINUED?

kmoed

It's been discontinued for awhile now - since around Christmas 2013, I think. Sweetwater was selling the rest of their stock for $200, but it looks like they're out now. As to whether there will be a new desktop model, I couldn't say. I think the popularity of the desktop has decreased as more people would probably just want the floor model for live use. If they want a unit where they can keep the processor in the backline, there's always the Pro version. Both of those can easily be recorded at home. I also think the Bean probably has competition from the modeling software packages out there.

I purchased one of the last ones from Sweetwater. I bought it to keep at work, since a few of us jam in the office every once in a while. But, I can see where the floor and rack models are probably more in demand these days, now that mobile POD and it's competitors are so easy to carry around in a phone.