Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Power Supply Dt 25

sherimehmood

hi guys,

i am ordering a dt 25 from the US and i am a bit confused about the power supply. in the us the standard is 100/110 volts while in Australia (where i am) its 220 volts.

on the back of the amp it says both the voltages. but in the manuals start up guide it has the following line:

"Connect only to AC power outlets rated: 100/120V 220/240V 50/60Hz (depending on the voltage range of the included power supply)."

to me it seems the amp can handle both .. can someone confirm that ?? or do i need to buy a 220 to 110 converter to run this amp... 

the amp incorporates a switching power supply. plug and play

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS STATEMENT IS INCORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALTHOUGH THE POWER SUPPLY IS SWITCHABLE, IT MUST BE CONFIGURED BY PHYSICALLY CHANGING THE CONNECTIONS TO THE TRANSFORMER TO MATCH THE MAINS

FWIW, I got my DT25 through Mall Music at Warringah Mall. They special ordered it, but I always find their service and prices excellent. Plus, that means you have an Australian warranty if anything goes wrong. I am in no way affiliated with them, but after Allens-Billy Hydes started ripping everybody off, I found their prices so much better.

lol thanks bro .. but i am in melbourne .. how much did you get your DT 25 for?? everyone in Melbourne is being Royal PIA ... with the prices ..

i am amazed at how much these guys are ripping the end users . the least i got for it 1295 for a floor model somewhere in woolongong .. and they will charge another 30 bucks to get it to melbourne .. 

I can't remember exactly, but I know the manager got in trouble 'cause h eunder-charged me. I'd still call them and ask them their price though, as they're usually very competitive, and maybe they can ship to Melbourne. At the very least, you may be able to use it to bargain locally.

The amp does not have a switching PS, it has a regular iron core transformer PS. The actual voltage that the installed PS is rated for is stamped on the rear panel right below the midi in jack and depends on the country the amp is made for. If you are ordering a US version it is going to be rated for 120V. Don't plug it in to 220V mains, you will burn it.

the amp incorporates a switching power supply. plug and play

hey mate have you done this yourself .. ?? seems from the support article pasted in the last thread that its not possible .. :(

might be they have fixed this in the new version .. i have raised a ticket with them .. as well .. to get the answer from the horses mouth .. 

• Upvote 1

If only they happen to have a version with voltage selector... Mine (US, 120V) doesn't have one... Please also see http://line6.com/support/message/319943#319943. You may want to double check carefully when it arrives, before plugging it in.

http://line6.com/support/thread/80374 also

THIS IS CORRECT AND I DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF THE AMPS HAVE A VOLTAGE SELECTOR

hi guys,

i am ordering a dt 25 from the US and i am a bit confused about the power supply. in the us the standard is 100/110 volts while in Australia (where i am) its 220 volts.

on the back of the amp it says both the voltages. but in the manuals start up guide it has the following line:

"Connect only to AC power outlets rated: 100/120V 220/240V 50/60Hz (depending on the voltage range of the included power supply)."

to me it seems the amp can handle both .. can someone confirm that ?? or do i need to buy a 220 to 110 converter to run this amp...

sherimehmood, i am very sorry the information i gave you is wrong. i will be more careful when i answer questions concerning matters of this nature

Hey sheri,

Oh well. It was worth asking. I'm impressed that Musicans Friend will ship to Oz now. They never used to. And free shipping on an Amp from overseas. Nice!

re: 110v. I have some 110V equipment in Oz. You just need a power converter. I got a really nice one from Jaycar which I use all the time. It's a bit of a pain, but it means I don't have to be concerned if I want to buy US stuff.

thanks guys .. i just wanted to know what the ampere requirement for this amp. i can see it says 120Volts with 200 watts at the back but there is no listing for the current (amperes)specs ... can anyone confirm what it is for the US version .. ?? 

Hi Sheri,

P(ower) = V(oltage) x I(current)

So at 200W, 120V we have 200 = 120 x I,

giving us

I ~= 1.7 Amps.

To double check, the slow-blow fuse on the back of the US DT25 says to use a 2.0Amp fuse (1.0Amp for the 240V models).

Therefore, you can use any power transformer in Aus that delivers 2A or higher. It must provide at least 2A or theoretically, you could start a fire.

This would do nicely (rated at 250W/2.2A):

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=MF1082