Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I can´t follow the instructions for calibrate the pod xt live´s volumen pedal

Hello:

The pod xt live's volume comes up suddenly and the volume pedal  fails to work  when trying to balance the sound . After a while the volume returns to the initial level. Therefore, I can not use the pod. For this reason, I did a factory reset, but the problem persists ( Maybe I did something wrong, I don't know).   After this, I have tried to first calibrate the volume pedal  with the help of the instructions of the line6 tecnical support forum, but I wasn't able to do so succesfully.

These are the steps that I have followed:

1. I disconnect everything except the power cable.

2. I turn on the unit while press the key "UP BANK".

3. RAW, MIN, SCALED and MAPPED words appear along with figures on the display. The next step is to press the key "AMP" of the pod. However, I see the digits changing quickly without letting me time to modify them.

4. I move de pedal  from heel to front position several times, but  I don't hear the expected "click" and the "wha" indicator light doesn't turn on, as the instructions said.

Here I'm lost and I can't continue.

If someone could help me, it would be great, and if I solve the problem, a blessing.

Hey There,

It does look like you followed the right proceedures:

Q: How do I calibrate the pedal on my PODxt Live?
A:

1. Make sure there is nothing connected to your PODxt live aside from the power cable.
2. Power up the PODxt Live while holding down the Bank Up pedal
3. Press the Amp pedal (this will reset the current settings)
4. Move the pedal all the way to the heel back position, then all the way forward until the toe switch clicks. You will want to stand up and shift all of your weight to the toe position until you see the WAH light turn on.
5. Wait 10 seconds, then power the PODxt Live off and back on again.
6. Your pedal is now calibrated.

If its not holding the recalibration or not letting you recalibrate - there may be a problem with the volume pedal itself, in which case a support ticket would be the way to go.

-B

Thanks for responding.

I have followed these steps, but I have not been able to follow after the third: I don't hear any click on the volume pedal to the toe, or see the lights of the indicator of wah.The truth is that I do not know how to move forward.

Hi:

I hardly use the wah effect  of the pod xt live, because I use a external vox wah, but I tested the wah effect of the multi-effects on any song and yes, turns on the red light of the wah and volume pedal green light turns off. The effect works.

What do you mean when you say that the pedal needs "a pretty good push to get the switch to activate the wah"?

I must move the pedal up and down until I can hear a click and the wah light turn on?

the pedal requires a sufficient amount of pressure to engage. 

4. Move the pedal all the way to the heel back position, then all the way forward until the toe switch clicks. You will want to stand up and shift all of your weight to the toe position until you see the WAH light turn on.

OK, now I understand. Finally, I managed to occur the wah light making more pressure on the tip of the pedal. I'm already moving. I'am also very happy...

My problem now is what can I do with the numbers that appear on the display, and moving quickly.

I leave that the device he move them alone until they stop?

Are the same figures for the pedal in position from heel to tip position?

Thank you

Once the "AMP" button is pressed the numbers start to move alone. It is then when I load the weight at the tip of the pedal which the wah light is activated. Then I move the pedal to heel position. If I leave the pedal still, there comes a time in which figures stop alone, accompanying the words MIN, RAW, SCALED and MAPPED. I have not written these figures, but I remember that the figure that accompanies MAPPED is 127, both for pedal in heel position, as in the toe position. I don't know if the figures are the same really. If I move the pedal, the numbers start to change it again until they stop after a while with the same figures.

The MAPPED value for the heel position of the pedal should be 0?

If so, how can I get it?

When you say "reflash the firmware", you mean to do the factory reset process?  Sorry, but I'm a little awkward for these things. If it's the same thing, yes, I did, but the problem of the change in volume of the pod appeared again shortly afterwards. For this reason attempt to calibrate the volume pedal, before making another reset, if it had done wrong process, and again losing my sounds.

Uf (the sound of my desperate sigh, or it's yours?)

i'm sorry, i should have re-read your first post saying you had already done so.

a thought i had was the photo cell could be dirty. perhaps you can clean it. but you probably have to take the pod apart and i am not familiar with disassembling it. 

Thank you Guru. I took the pod to a Roland qualified technician in Irun, my litte city (here in Spain Line6 hasn't a  technical services and qualified personnel approved by line6) and told me that it was not a problem of photocell or mechanical problem. I want to get to the end of the volume pedal calibration process to be able to validate or reject this path. In this sense, I have come to activate the wah light when I put my weight on the toe position. And now what?

When I finish this way, if I don't get results, I will try to do  BillBee suggests me: reinstall the operating system (flash memory).