Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider IV 120 Presets and Customs not producing distortion?

JWood88

Hello All,

I packed my Line 6 up for a move and finally got a chance to pull it out for a jam session with some Pals and to my dismay, I cannot produce distortion without turning the gain up.

My Custom presets produce absolutely no distortion, but maintain the custom names I have made. As I switch between them the the various custom presets the lights all change accordingly from one custom preset to the next.

None of the pre-programmed presets, ranging from As I lay Dying to Meshuggah have distortion either. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have you backed up your preset patches using Spider Edit?  If not, do so, then do a Factory Reset and see if this fixes the problem.  Then you'll need to move all your presets back into their locaitons with Spider Edit.

Thank you for the quick response, fflbrgst.

I have backed up my presets already and conducted a factory reset last night, but to no avail. I still cannot produce any distortion on any of my channels. Everything comes out "Clean". Pretty frustrating =(

Have you manually tried adjusting the fuzz boxes?  I assume that is how you are getting distortion.  You mentione youhave to turn up the gain - do the settings look correct in your presets, or is hte gain truned down in them?  Gain or fuzzbox would be the two methods of getting distortion.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your efforts in looking into the matter, Mike.

I have adjusted both, and still cannot get the proper sound... well even remotely close to the sound it had before and the issue transpires over to the pre-loaded patches too. I can get every effect but distortion to come through. So even when I go to a patch like, "As I lay dying's" pre-loaded distortion "Shredd", there is still absolutely no distortion to it what-so ever.