Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sign of problem or just qirk?

So I have my Variax 500 setup with a custom entry that tunes down a whole step for one song. Last night at rehersal I switch to Lester after praciting the song. The D and G string didn't swtich back although the rest of them did. Switch quickly to the Spank and then back to the Lester and all was fine. Rest of the night it was fine.

Was wondering if anyone else has had this occur? Or if you think it's a sign on future problems developing on my guitar ? 

I've had a 500 for 10 years and I've never experienced this.  Are you making all of these changes directly on the Variax or via a patch?  If you're using a patch to switch the guitar it might have just been a communication glitch.

All on the variax, I like to move my pickup selector switch around while playing so I never let the POD control it. The custom tuning was on custom 1 on the knob.  Probably just a glitch but just wondering if anyone else had experienced it, had me worried a bit. Maybe one day I'll switch up to the JTV's but I like no pickups on the older Variax.