Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How is the Guitar In-Z supposed to be set?

357mag

you do not set the input z based on the guitar you have...

input z is affected by the first effect in your chain....

set to AUTO the input z will use the authentic input z of the modeled pedal... 

some people don't like to have their tone affected in this way, and prefer a static setting.....

this feature was not available in earlier firmwares... and the default then was 1m

so this feature allowed those users to revert the setting back to 1m so as to not change the tones that they made....

i personally would recommend the AUTO setting...

as i want to learn the nuances and work within the confines of the actual pedals being modeled...

but it is YOUR tone... so use whatever setting that pleases you... there really isn't a "RIGHT" setting...

and the guitar you use... does not matter in regards to this setting.

• Upvote 2

• 6 years later...

Just want to say that I've had this HD500X pedal for years now. for YEARS I haven't be able to get rid of this odd color that affected distorted tones in particular, affecting my lows and low mids.  Changing the Guitar In Z to 1m has made a TREMENDOUS difference. So simple it's annoying. I HIGHLY recommend creating a simple patch with just an amp/preamp and then tinkering with this setting.

4 hours ago, pacard said:

I HIGHLY recommend creating a simple patch with just an amp/preamp and then tinkering with this setting.

I would take it a step further and say ----- adjust ALL settings to see what works for you.