Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Off topic forum question

brue58ski

Whenever I click "QUOTE", I don't get the quote. I cannot cut and paste either into my posts. If I want that, I have to physically type it in. Does anyone have any idea why this would be? This is a relatively new computer to me that I put a fresh install of Windows 7 on.

I had the same problem a while back. Apparently it's not fixed yet. The problem seems to be with at least internet explorer on windows 7. Don't know why though.

To fix the problem, I downloaded a portable version of firefox. Seems to work ok.

The problem is specific to IE 11. Version 10 works, and 9 according to BillBee.

As far as I know, this forum doesn't use flash or java. And come to think of it, someone should outlaw both of these disasters. :lol: :angry:

Turning off all the filtering and setting compatibility mode doesn't work either.

The problem is specific to IE 11. Version 10 works, and 9 according to BillBee.

As far as I know, this forum doesn't use flash or java. And come to think of it, someone should outlaw both of these disasters. :lol: :angry:

Turning off all the filtering and setting compatibility mode doesn't work either.

Yes Sir! From your mouth to the "who ever decides this stuff's" ear.

I didn't even know there was an IE 11 out!?!

Sigh.....................

I have IE11, it comes with windows updates if you let it. Recently, I had to uninstall flash 'cause of strange stuff that was going on. I agree with duncann about flash and java, they really need to be updated more often. I suppose to fix bugs and security issues although I'm no expert. I won't change IE11 as long as firefox does the trick.

look up the ietab extension for those things you need IE for...

runs IE in the firefox browers... makes the experience a little more uniform...

i use multiple browsers for multiple IT testing things...

but stick with chrome and the IEtab for most of my non testing web activity.

Thank you all for your help. I have Firefox on my computer just because it does things IE doesn't. Now there's one more thing.

• Upvote 1