Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Really need help!!

Hi Guys, 

I recently aquired a Pod xt pro, up till now i was using an m-audio fasttrack as my interface. My questions are, 

Is it possible to bypass the preamp and effects to just get an audio signal through, both to my computer (say i wanted to use guitar rig, just as an example) and to my DAW (cubase elements7) and is there direct monitoring in the unit or do i need to enable that in cubase? 

Also im running on a win7 64 bit system, so woul dit be better to use jbridge as i ran into some problems with my VSTbridge in cubase?

any help you guys can offer is appreciated!

Jamie

Yes.

You can route the dry signal, the wet signal, or both to your DAW while monitoring the PODxt Pro's wet thru the PODxt Pro (an any other audio tracks enabled in your DAW).

Or you can simply have an empty patch if you want to monitor the dry thru the PODxt Pro

Regarding the bridge, are you referring to POD Farm plug-ins? The PODxt Pro does not come with a plug-in license, you can purchase it separately.

If you purchase the Hardware Independent version (not i-Lok) you can return it within 30 days if you're not satisfied.

The POD Farm 2.5x VST's are 64-bit compatible.

Thanks UberGuru

Im having issues just isolating the dry signal, but if it's possible i'll sort it out eventually. I have been reading forums and watching youtube for the past day, finding different methods. Im trying to stop the wet signal coming back and just hearing the monitored track in the DAW , otherwise theres two different guitar sounds. 

I asked about the bridge because cubase is having a compatibility issue, spitting out an error with the gearbox vst and amongst the forums, it was mentioned jbridge would help. 

Thanks for the help!!

Gearbox can be used as a GUI for the PODxt Pro.
Unless you purchased a Gearbox Plug-In license a long time ago, you will not have Gearbox as a VST.

The Gearbox plug-in is discontinued and replaced with with POD Farm 1.12.

The current Plug-In offering is POD Farm 2.5x, so unless you purchased the license, or somebody gifted them to you, you will not be able to use the plug-in in Cubase.

So the error you are getting is likely becuase you do not have a the plug-in license.

If you are hearing 2 different sounds with a slight delay between them, that is usually because you have monitoring turned on in your DAW.

To monitor just the dry, setup a blank patch and mute any other tracks in your DAW.