Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 75 with FBV Express

briansafrit

I have the new firmware with all the presets. They show on the app. Is there any way to switch banks using the FBV Express pedal? If not, is there at least a way to make a specific bank the default via the app, so that I can at least use those four presets via the pedal without the app?

you can only use first bank via fbv express, moreover it's not possible to change the bank via pedals. They could easly add a function to let fbv express to change the  bank (pressing two button ie A+C ->bank down, B+E -> bank up), and as all buttons have a led indicating ehether it's ctive or passive, LCD on the top of the unit can be used to indicate bank number between 0-9. I believe that it would be easy to implement but it seems that there are not many express users asking to have this functionality.

that's a highly inaccurate assumption...

they have had amps and pods that have used the FBV express for nearly a decade before the Amplifi was released and this sort of feature has not been implemented....

the 2 most likely reasons... 

A: it's not as easy as you think (or not possible at all)

B: it's the primary selling point to the shortboard.

in either case (or whatever other reasons you can thing of....)

it has not been changed in nearly a decade, and that says to me... it isn't likely to change now.

if you want to switch banks... buy the shortboard.

They could easly add a function to let fbv express to change the  bank (pressing two button ie A+C ->bank down, B+E -> bank up), 

that's a highly inaccurate assumption...

they have had amps and pods that have used the FBV express for nearly a decade before the Amplifi was released and this sort of feature has not been implemented....

the 2 most likely reasons... 

A: it's not as easy as you think (or not possible at all)

B: it's the primary selling point to the shortboard.

in either case (or whatever other reasons you can thing of....)

it has not been changed in nearly a decade, and that says to me... it isn't likely to change now.

if you want to switch banks... buy the shortboard.

Which part do you think is inaccurate? As a customer, I have full right to ask the company what I want, it's up to their capability/marketing strategy/etc to implement this. I don't have their hardware or firmware code, what I know is, if you use midi via usb, you can assign bank change codes to specific button, so if this can be implemented on PC, they can implement smilar solution on Amplifi side if possible. As I said, I don't have -like many of us-  the details regarding the capabilities of their devices but I highly believe that this issue can be solved via a firmware update on amplifi.

Well, even it's possible, they might not to prefer to have an express pedal that competes with shortboard (why not?) or they might be busy with other projects, I don't know and honestly don't care. I would be happier customer if they implement this capability to express pedal, and no I'm not going to buy shortboard :)

i didn't say you couldn't ask for what you want...

all i said that was when you stated your ASSUMPTION "they could easily..." that it was inaccurate.

based on my own ASSUMPTION... that if it was... they would have done it long ago... on other amps or pods.

Let's ASSUME that we are both wrong...

perhaps they don't intend to implement it, because that makes the shortboard more attractive....

either way i think its safe to ASSUME that they aren't going to do it for the Amplifi.... because they didn't do it for the others....

(this was my main point...)

Which part do you think is inaccurate? As a customer, I have full right to ask the company what I want, it's up to their capability/marketing strategy/etc to implement this. I don't have their hardware or firmware code, what I know is, if you use midi via usb, you can assign bank change codes to specific button, so if this can be implemented on PC, they can implement smilar solution on Amplifi side if possible. As I said, I don't have -like many of us-  the details regarding the capabilities of their devices but I highly believe that this issue can be solved via a firmware update on amplifi.

Well, even it's possible, they might not to prefer to have an express pedal that competes with shortboard (why not?) or they might be busy with other projects, I don't know and honestly don't care. I would be happier customer if they implement this capability to express pedal, and no I'm not going to buy shortboard :)

Well, considering the capabilities of Line 6, I don't think that assuming that they can easily implement this functionality is 'highly inaccurate'. I believe that this forum as well as ideascale site is good tool to let Line 6 hear us better. I would be equally happy to hear offical statement that it's not possible to implement (I searched forum and couldn't find a offical response except stating that shortboard is capeble of bank change).

Otherwise, I got your point and most probably you're right about their strategy.

So, there's no way to set bank 10 for example in the app as the default. Even without an FBV express, this would allow you to use that bank without the app and switch between those four presets. Otherwise I have to overwrite bank 1 with what I want to use each time. I thought the presets were programmed into the amp. If I can't get to them without the app, what's the point? Unless it is to get me to buy a short board.

the presets are programmed into the amp....

and the amp is controlled by the pedal (the pedal adds nothing more than an alternate way to control existing features)

you are correct though, there is no way to specify the bank without the app...

I've had other line6 amps that had banks built in, but you had to have the shortboard to get to them (no app)

so in that respect the app is an improvement...

i've had and compared both the express and the shortboard... and i know that's just how it works...

anything else i was suggesting, was only my own assumptions etc...

i do think it's safe to assume that the functionality of the current express will not change...

however, ideascale and your opinion could possibly help with the next generation of flooroard (and its pretty much about time for one!)

http://line6.ideascale.com/

So, there's no way to set bank 10 for example in the app as the default. Even without an FBV express, this would allow you to use that bank without the app and switch between those four presets. Otherwise I have to overwrite bank 1 with what I want to use each time. I thought the presets were programmed into the amp. If I can't get to them without the app, what's the point? Unless it is to get me to buy a short board.

So how do I specify the bank? What I want to do is select bank whatever from the app, then shut down the app and just play that bank with the amp standalone, or use the pedal to move between the A-D presets in that bank.

With express, unfortunately you can't. Currently, when you press a preset (A-D) button on express, it automatically loads first bank. I've opened a ticket and they tried it in their lab and confirmed the issue. I hope that they'll fix this on next update.

• 1 year later...

Well, you can sign me in the list of those who would like the banking up-down feature on the FBV Express!

As a customer, I think that 100 euros are not worth the bank-switching feature...I'd more likely save 4 presets I really like in the default banks of the amp and use the Express board to switch between them!

the Shortboard adds extra functionality like effects control which the Express doesn't...a customer that goes for the Express probably doesn't need much more than switching channels and won't buy the Shortboard anyway.

I also don't believe very much that it would be hard/impossible to implement the feature from a technical standpoint, as efxtr suggests...

In that sense, it would be nice, at least, to hear from Line6 why they can't do that...

I am going to buy the Express anyway pretty soon and I'd like to switch banks with it, if it was possible...

• 2 weeks later...