Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider Iv 120 Latency When Switching Channels, Also Affects Looper.

casiodan

Hi guys.

Just received my Spider iv 120.

I have updated the firmware to v2.00

When i switch channels using the mkii express FBV there is a noticable cut in sound.  Also when I use the looper, if i record a clean sound on the loop then switch to another channel ready to overdub i get a bit of a dip in the sound.....not as much as when i just switch channels when im playing but surely it shouldnt affect the playback of the loop.

So, just as an example, if i have the identical sound preset into channel 1 and channel 2 and switch between them there is a very noticable clip in the sound.

Can anyone tell me if this happens to them.  I watched a youtube video of a guy using the looper and it doesnt seem to do it on there.  Im not overly worried about the looper as i will probably only use it for practicing solo's etc but it just seems to point more to there being a problem.

Any advice would be great before i put a support ticket in.

Thanks

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is this well know issue rixed with any of the new firmwre ??

Tnx

Johnniez

It is what it is, unfortunately.   But the delay really is minimal and the only time you would really notice it would be if you were holding a note/chord and switched patches.   I used it in live situation, changing patches when I went from one part of a song to another (verse to chorus, etc), and never noticed the very short delay.

• 1 month later...

to me is not really minimal.....when you play live you can hear the delay well...it's a sort of :playplayplayplay.........playplayplay...........playplayplayplay....it is very noticeable! imagine a singer in a song between the chorus and the main theme that doesn't sing...to me it will be very noticeable.:) I tried to ask to a technician at line 6..the told me that they known the problem, but at the moment the amp is what is it:(