Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD FARM - AAX PROTOOLS 11

I know this has already popped up a million times on every forum ever but here goes...

If anyone from Line 6 actually reads these forums could you please get your fingers out of your noses and just make pod farm available on aax for Protools 11. It can't be that hard, just get it done.

seriously, you're messing with my life here. 

• Upvote 3

It's on IdeaScale more than once. You can vote them up if you'd like.

This is just one of them:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/503352-23508

Who knows, maybe there will be a legit wrapper before POD Farm AAX?

I think there was a wrapper but it got pulled for licensing, haven't checked in a while.

But there are possible work arounds.

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/2013/7/10/7-ways-to-host-vst-or-au-plug-ins-in-pro-tools-11-and-earlie.html

But I personally don't see why Avid decided to lop off support for other formats.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I've put my own in IdeaScale too

its really causing me a headache. 

I used elements of pod farm on so many different applications and it isnt guitars, but for bass its a must have for me, I've used it on vocals, drums, synths, beats... anything, the sound sculpting tools are endless. I love protools 11 but the lack of pod farm is making my face hurt. It actually hurts....with pain. 

come on line 6! sort my face out!

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

is there ANY word on echo farm and PT11??

i'm with the rest here - and forced to find alternatives to a great product

someone in management has to see the importance line 6 of maintaining their presence and keep a foot in with pro tools users...

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hah, I'm a new Pro Tools user/former Ableton user, and I was hoping to find something on PT11 support for Pod Farm, and I found this.  ATM I'm just running PF standalone, and recording rig tones directly, but support through the program would be nice.  In fact, I use standalone much more often anyways as it uses ten times less system resources, but hey, it'd be nice regardless.  Dry and wet record would be nice.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I have a good work-around for Pro Tools 11 and Podfarm.. I use a VST/AU plugin host called Metaplugin by DDMF. It runs as an AAX plugin and you can run nearly any VST or AU plug-in inside it. Not the same as running natively, and means my old PT10 sessions won't translate, but it's a good stop-gap in the meantime. 

Line 6 is the last plugin manufacturer to come to the AAX party for me. Even the SSL Duende plugins have now been released as AAX-and they were very no-committal about doing it!

To answer Triryche, the RTAS format was replaced by AAX to implement 64bit architecture as it was apparently easier than re-working the RTAS format. In any case, I daresay if they stuck with RTAS the old 32bit RTAS (current PODFarm Version) surely wouldn't work in the 64bit Pro Tools 11. 

If anyone from Line 6 reads this, now that the old Echo Farm and AMP Farm are obsolete with AAX & PT11 (I'm constantly seeing RIPs etc every time its mentioned in forums, so they still have lots of big fans), this would be a good chance to get some of those users onto POD Farm. When I transferred to a native PT system from HD/HDX, POD Farm saved me for delays and amp sims as I'd been using Echo & Amp Farm in almost everything I did in Pro Tools HD.

Pod Farm could easily be an industry standard for delays and re-amping during mixing!

Still sounds so good, but let's bring it into the "twentyteens!"

• 2 months later...

Im very unhappy at Line 6 for not getting on board, I used pod farm since 2008 but now that Im using protools 11 I can't use pod farm at all. Seriously if Line 6 won't provide a (FREE) AAX update to all of us long term pod farm users who loved their product so much then everything to do with line 6 is just going to end up going from a happy memory to being a bitter memory in peoples minds. Common Line 6, your company & market value is now like an endangered species. If you don't move quick we will have no need to keep your pods at all, they will end up in pawn shops where people come in & see them & sigh at the stupidity of your company. As the old saying's go "ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE" & "THOSE WHO CAN ADAPT, HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF SURVIVAL"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 11 months later...