Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Big difference in Strat tones from version 2.1 to 1.9...

keep in mind though that the volume differences are an improvement... NOT a defect....

the HD models better represent the true dynamics between the different guitars....

lots of people could care less... and would rather just have them all be the same level....

and others prefer authenticity...

i prefer you at least know the why... then you can make your own informed decision.

If you were addressing my post, I wasn't talking about the dynamics between different guitars, but rather the output of the B and hi E strings on some of the models.

1st, you have to be loged in to see the file for download. 

2nd, yes it affects all PU of the strato. My suggest is overwrite the onboard strato.

3rd, you must have workbench HD, plug your guitar to the line 6 dong and the dong to your pc. Open workbench, wait till guitars loaded and then drag the file to the settlist you desire.

• Upvote 1

1st, you have to be loged in to see the file for download. 

2nd, yes it affects all PU of the strato. My suggest is overwrite the onboard strato.

3rd, you must have workbench HD, plug your guitar to the line 6 dong and the dong to your pc. Open workbench, wait till guitars loaded and then drag the file to the settlist you desire.

Thanks for the info. I get to join another forum. Goody! lol. I would like to keep 1.9 until rehearsal Thursday night.  If I am happy I'll keep it for now, if not I'll try your set-up and report back.

Thanks for the info. I get to join another forum. Goody! lol. I would like to keep 1.9 until rehearsal Thursday night.  If I am happy I'll keep it for now, if not I'll try your set-up and report back.

Welcome! Wish you luck!

• 2 months later...
-JTV-69 with 2.1 sounded very thin and weak

-The Variax 300 and JTV-69 ver 1.9 sounded " Fat"

- The JTV-69 ver 1.9 and the Variax 300 sounded very close to each other but the JTV69 ver 1.9 sounded clearer.

I agree completly, 2.1 sounded very thin and artificial compared to the earlier versions!

Sounds incredibly close to the magnetics on my 69s. I never did a comparison to 1.9 and the mags, as I like to avoid unnecessary flashing of the firmware, but I doubt that would sound closer.

It's mostly a preference thing.