Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Display is Outdated-Future Product Suggestion

biologic

It would be a great improvement to the Pod HD or future iteration if the display was a high resolution touch, similar to what we see on a smartphone. It would drastically improve usability and clarity. The current display really seems out of place, especially in contrast to the editing software and what the unit is capable of. It just seems strange that there is this great unit and then a display that is anachronistic. Imagine the information displayed crystal clear with gorgeous color and the ability to make adjustments right there. It would really push the unit to the next level.

They would have to increase the size too as these ole pickle finger may be jabbing multiple items at once :-)

FO was right - Ideascale is the place to put the ideas on.

I am thinking about a L6 Pocket Pot built into the FB4 chassis similar to the Zoom MS50G... with a touch screen ;)

-B

Bigger display would be nice but it would also be much easier to damage.  I rely on the Edit program for all of my changes because I can't deal with the display down on the floor.

I hear ya Charlie and my eyes are not getting any younger either :-)

How about a completely portable, and replaceable, display by adding wifi to their next product. Shouldn't be too hard as wifi seems to be infiltrating nearly everything these days. And then write an interface for android instead of an embedded lcd screen. Doesn't Amplifi have something similar to this already?

On second thought, this would require a wifi infrastructure from the user, so maybe not so good unless it's supplemented by a basic lcd screen.

Perhaps bluetooth?

I use the rack unit so the possibility of damage would be slim, though I think that proper design could make a floor unit very durable.

I use the edit software almost exclusively but during a jam session the idea of a vastly improved display would be usefull. I like the possibility of being able to use the unit only.

!! They already have it !!. Very cool iOS interface (ipad or iphone)

comes with Amplifi and Amplifi X100.

The truly bizarre thing is you 'cannot' plug a JTV (or much else)

into it. 1/4" in, that's it !! :huh:
I sincerely hope they're working on that.

There's no way it could be integrated with the current 500s tho.

HD600 ?

Vote: http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Interactions-between-JTV-Amplifi-FX100/609700-23508

I thot you needed the RJ-45 for the models.

I just found out that's not the case. :wacko: nevermind.

Good news anyway. Like alotta people the user interface

with the 500 and the HD edit are cumbersome.

I like the Amplifi much better.

Thanks for 'ispiring' me to learn something new silverhead. :)

I have one of these. And it's nice. But the only thing this has that I like better than the POD, is an AMP Loop and an Effects Loop, so you can put additional real-world pedals in your effects loop both before and after a preamp. I have an extension cord so that my iPad doesn't sit in the unit while I'm using it live, and I can mount it to a microphone stand.

The iPAD interface is nice, but POD HD Edit is better.

Everyone seems to be on a touch-interface kick, but it's not as great as everyone thinks for this type of gear.