Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500x - Intermitent dead pixel on display

KuRiXY

Hi,

I have an issue with my new hd500x. It has one pixel that switches off automatically after some seconds. What I mean is that after navigating through menus, when I stop at a preset or at a menu, after some seconds one pixel (that is black) goes off. It is like a dead pixel that stops working after a while but get a refresh when moving through menus.

Is this a faulty lcd? Should I ask for an exchange?

Thanks.

That's a good question. What if more pixels starts poop'in out? You might might want to say something now, do a support ticket so at leat there's a record or take it back and return it for an exchange now. From my understanding once a pixel is dead or dying it never gets better and is eventually gone forever.

The funny thing is that has not gone forever... It works for some seconds befores fading out...

Your right, it's an unusual problem. You should find out what someone from Line 6 thinks, might be a quality issue that's above the user or it could be nothing to worry about.

I notice you started another thread describing a noise issue with passive pickups. I'm no electrical engineer but I'm wondering if the two symptoms might be related to an overall issue with your venue's (house, practice space, ...) power supply.

You mention here that this is your 2nd Pod HD and that the first one was replaced due to an entire horizontal line of dead pixels. Was you first Pod HD used in the same venue as this one? Have you ever tried either Pod in a different venue with a different power supply? If not I suggest trying your current Pod in a different venue. What happens to the noise?

I would follow Brazzy's suggestion: open a support ticket and describe both symptoms (pixels and noise).

• Upvote 1

Kinda funny, I was thinking similar as silverhead. I thought maybe your power source is fluctuateing and causeing the issues. Obviously no way to know unless your recepticle is probed to see what's coming out. I hear a bunch of people are starting to use an "Uninterupted Power Supply" in order to thwart problems with these kind of devices, and I'm starting to think that way too.

• Upvote 1

Kinda funny, I was thinking similar as silverhead. I thought maybe your power source is fluctuateing and causeing the issues. Obviously no way to know unless your recepticle is probed to see what's coming out. I hear a bunch of people are starting to use a Uninterupted Power Supply in order to thwart problems with these kind of devices, and I'm starting to think that way too.

Hey Brazzy,

I am starting to agree too. I used one in the rack setup as some spots seemed to almost "brown out" so why not on the floor.

-B

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, both units were used in the same environment. But this is the first time I get such issues with my equipment, and I have lot of pedals, amps and guitars to try.

In fact you are partially right, my house suffers from electricity problems often (lights out and other issues), but I thought that modern gadgets are prepared for that.

In fact you are partially right, my house suffers from electricity problems often (lights out and other issues), but I thought that modern gadgets are prepared for that.

I didn't even think about it until the first time the power went out and the after that a light bulb got brighter, lol. So the power is not smooth (Below 120v- Above 120v) in most places and it looks like I need to buy another peice of equipment in order to protect my devices.