Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HDPOD500X - Using two amps

Nozakx

Hi there, 

I just bought a HDPOD500X a week ago and I have a little problem. There it is; In HDEDIT, using one AMP works great but when I add a second amp, it simply doesn't work. I see my 2 amps, and when I mute the first one to properly hear the second one, all is hear is my guitar's pickup sound... even if change the model or the cab,  it sounds the same; pickups. 

AMP A works if I turn it back on. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks 

SIGNAL PATH:

Jackson to

PODHD500X to 

Logic Pro X   to

HDEDIT         to

INterface (output)

Yes i'm using the pod as INPUT and my audio interface as OUTPUT 

Check the mixer block to make sure the volume and pan are set how you want for each path.

Also check the input 2 source, especially if you don't have any effects before the path split. If it's set to none, path B won't have any sound and when you bypass the amp you're hearing just a direct unprocessed sound, i.e. the guitar pickups.

When you disable an amp, the CH VOL changes to BYP VOL and defaults to 100. So my guess would be that you have input 2 source set to something not physically present and the pan controls in the mixer centered (you'll here sound from left and right speakers) and BYP VOL is at 100. This setup reproduces what you're describing. Note that there can be certain effects before the path split that will still behave as if nothing is there (the EQs being an example, but dynamics effects behave as if something is there and will allow you to utilize both paths and still set input 2 source to something not physically there).

Thanks for your reply. 

In the mixer block, Path A and B is pan left and right on 0dB. There isn't many other options in the mixer but VARIAX & L6.. 

My INPUT 1 is set on : GUITAR --- AUTO

INPUT 2   ----------  SAME   --- PRESET ( tried both preset&global) 

Also, I dont have any effects before the path splits ; I'm just trying to set my AMPS. 

Try fiddling with the path B level slider. I've seen that particular control show some strange behavior before; basically, path B is muted even though the level says 0dB. When you move the slider...BOOM...sound on path B. No idea what the cause is, or even if that's the problem you're having though.

It sounds like what you're hearing when amp A is disabled is the straight signal from path A because the BYP VOL is 100? Change it to zero to confirm.

With the pan controls 100% left and 100% right, if what I said above is correct, you should only hear sound out of the left speaker, regardless of the state of amp A?