Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Analog Outs on UX1 possibly toast... Get it checked and repaired or just buy a new one?

I know my monitors/speakers are ok and there's a signal from the UX1 to my PC, but there is no signal from the UX1 to the monitors, only a little noise. I've gotten new cables and checked every connection on my computer, but still no sound from the analog outs. I fear that I somehow "fried" them by playing with too much gain that caused clipping...

Should I get it checked and repaired or should I just get a new UX1?

I got it 4 years ago. I don't think it's still under warranty.

I've tried absolutely everything, new cables, checking every connection, etc. Every knob that's supposed to be turned up is turned up. The monitors work and I can even record, there just isn't any connections between the analog outs and the monitors...

If you've had it for 4 years, then you've probably gotten your $150 worth.  Perhaps it's time for a new one. :)

One more thing.  Have you checked the mixer panel in POD Farm to make sure you don't have the mute button on?

I'm going to try out a new cable and if that doesn't work, I'll get a new one. It's just a soundcard, my files and my licenses are stored on my PC, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...