Sign in to follow this  
jk121960

Add effects box to HD500X

Hi, If I use the l6 link with the POD HD500X and DT50 head how would I add a couple of stomp boxes to the mix? 

thanks for any help

Hi, If I use the l6 link with the POD HD500X and DT50 head how would I add a couple of stomp boxes to the mix? 

thanks for any help

Just use an FX loop in your POD signal chain to add a stomp box.

I don't have the units yet I am assessing flexibility b4 I buy, so I would use fx send and fx return. yes?

thanks 

yes.  do you really need additional boxes?  There is so much capability there I have never found a need to add another box.  I know some guys like to add specific distortion boxes but the ones we have combined with the wide range of amps and cabs can get you just about anything you want with a little creativity.  Mix and match and don't worry about what is "supposed" to go together...

You know this might sound stupid but it is Bogner distortion effects, red and Uberschall, they are really good

I use all my stomps in the fx loop. Whammy 5, vpjr, and ge7 all come in handy, and are better than the Pod versions.

I use an Fulltone OCD for a clean boost and an MXR 6 band eq in the Fx loop of my pod hd500 and if I use my reverb pedals or delay I put them in the Fx loop of my DT 50 2x12. Your pedals should play nicely I've had no issues so far.