Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ok it's just a Pocket POD but here is my issue. If you say the word Tack like I do (Southerner with just a touch of Northerner), it's two syllables "Tah-acK" with a hard T and a hard K. Very often when I hit a note on the guitar (send a signal to the Pocket POD), it produces this metronome-with-echo-like tack sound which constantly repeats. At that point I usually turn off the unit. Sometimes when I turn it back on the tack sound is gone, but then it usually comes back after a while. I bought the unit new - through Sweetwater; it's definitely out of warranty...so in your opinion is it just a failed electric part, SRAM, diode, resistor...and I should just toss the thing and look for a better product?? Thanks for reading…and considering the problem! 

Hey my man and welcome to the board!

I don't use the ole Pocket Pod too much but the times I have I've not ran into that problem. Could you be possibly over loading the input, introducing some clipping that is causing that? (signal overload). Resetting with the restart? Does it happen on a variety of settings? -> Keep in mind I'm am guessing hoping for a settings issue rather than a parts problem.

As far as what could be wrong I couldn't really hazard a guess - the price of an out of warrenty repair would probably be more than its worth (just having them look at it).

-B

BillBee - Thanks for responding and you may have hit on something with "possibly over loading the input." Clipping is a good descriptive - also it's as if the little bean has the hiccups that just won't stop.

I have noticed that when I change a setting like increasing the volume on the guitar or cranking up the drive on the POD, it goes into its conniption. Maybe my '77 LP is throwing off a mean signal...

Most of the time the clipping continues even after restart, running the factory reset routine, and all other attempts while holding my mouth just right. When it does go away for a while, it's always after I've turned it off/pulled the plug - but that's hit or miss and mostly miss.

It happens on all varieties of settings...it's random.

Anyway since I've got your guess on the "overload," I'll try working it with kid gloves and see. I'll probably give it to a friend at work who has newer guitars and is familar with Line 6 PODs.

Once again - Thank You BillBee !