Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Unofficial POD HD500X V2 wishlist

mziach

Hello,

You see if a firmware V2 come out?
For me:

Amp/Cab :
1/ Real JCM 800 (1990)
2/ 4x12 Cab Brit V30
3/ 2003 Brit Gain J-2000
4/ Citrus D-30
5/ 2002 Mississipi Criminal

FX :
1/ Stereo Square Chorus

2/ Sine Chorus

3/ Killer Z

POD HD500X :
1/ keeps the initial position of Knob
2/ Can define the action of the volume pedal (for exemple amp drive + Volume like 1A preset)
3/ Usb detection Fix
4/ Input volume configuration, like Amplifi (I will wish controlling the impedance of the guitar eg -10 db <-0 -> + 10db.)

5/ if I do not use the Looper, to define an effect on the push button

6/ Correct hum to some amp that makes up too much in the bass and removes the clarity, such as Marshall simulations

7/ switch from one amp to another by pressing a switch (Off-> Amp A, On -> Amp B )

POD HD500X EDIT:
1/ All POD HD500X parameters
2/ Mic positioning
3/ Live Refresh Preset
4/ Windows 8 resize screen and/or full screen
5/ View all % parameters (Cab & Amp parameters) and some FX parameters (like Amplifi ;-))
6/ Fix the bug when the Wha was inserted and not save to POD HD500X
7/ Name or rename the patch, it's hard to find the exact position to be able to do
8/ Able to change the position of the effects from the list

9/ when you change the settings of controllers, if you touch the volume pedal setting disappears

10/ To put a delay between the two channels amp (ms)

11/ working with clear patch (submit a default configuration, exemple New Tone)

12/ Possibility of forgetting a change. Today we are obliged to quit HD EDIT to forget the changes or turn off HD500X (undo changes)

13/ Sort amps by type  like Amplifi

14/ In the selection of amps, preamps differentiate amps (two picklists)

15/ In the list of amps, start from the beginning, because the default is always on the preamp

Driver :
1/ Able to make on/off audio driver, for those who have already activated a driver (ASIO)

And You ?

With a few of the things on your list, I don't understand what you're saying. Mainly these ones listed here:

POD HD500X :
1/ keeps the initial position of Knob
2/ Can define the action of the volume pedal (for exemple amp drive)
3/ Usb detection Fix
4/ Input volume configuration, like Amplifi

1. What do you mean by "keeps the initial position of the knob"?

2. You can already assign the expression pedal to control the amp drive parameter.

3. Are you have a specific issue with USB not working correctly?

4. Again, I don't understand what you mean by this.

hello,

When You move the knob for exemple from the HD500X and the position is 0 and the patch 50, the knob starts its value to 0 while I wish it starts at 50.

2. You can already assign the expression pedal to control the amp drive parameter.

You have the original 1A patch, the volume pedal controls volume and drive, but I've never understood how to do it? I tell myself that it did not exist or bug

from time to time Line 6 Monkey can not find the USB port so I can not use Line Edit. I have to restart my PC to the drivers back. I have a PC running Windows 8.1.

In the InputZ configuration, it is possible to choose (1M, Auto .....) I will wish controlling the impedance of the guitar eg -10 db <-0 -> + 10db, because each guitar has a different level of output and / or to give boost to the other.

Regards

Marc

hello,

When You move the knob for exemple from the HD500X and the position is 0 and the patch 50, the knob starts its value to 0 while I wish it starts at 50.

You have the original 1A patch, the volume pedal controls volume and drive, but I've never understood how to do it? I tell myself that it did not exist or bug

from time to time Line 6 Monkey can not find the USB port so I can not use Line Edit. I have to restart my PC to the drivers back. I have a PC running Windows 8.1.

In the InputZ configuration, it is possible to choose (1M, Auto .....) I will wish controlling the impedance of the guitar eg -10 db <-0 -> + 10db, because each guitar has a different level of output and / or to give boost to the other.

Regards

Marc

#1 is not possible to change since pod has analog pots, not rotary encoders for the amp controls.

#2 is possible. don't have pod here, you can check the manual. It is in there.

#3 could be some issue with your computer

#4 you seem to be mixing impedance with level. InputZ has nothing to do with the input level. You can control input level somwhat with the PAD switch on the POD. I agree that there should be a variable input level control (global or per patch). PAD switch is not good enough in some cases.

zbf

• Upvote 1

#1 is not possible to change since pod has analog pots, not rotary encoders for the amp controls.

I interpreted the request to be that the rotary controls worked the same way that is often found on synths and other devices with real-time performance controls.  Obviously (as with an HD) when you change Patches the controls can be in any position relative to the just recalled setting.  For keyboards it is an absolute disaster if you need to just push up the volume of the primary part on a patch and because the slider or knob was on zero the sound immediately cuts out.  Keyboards often have exactly the same type of controls as the HD has, and a bank of 8 or more sliders that are obviously absolute position.

What keyboards such as the Yamaha Motif do to get around this problem is the "Latching Controller" concept where the setting is not changed until the control reaches the setting level. An example will explain this really easily - assume Control is the position of the knob/slider in (0 to 10) and that Setting is what the sound producing software sees (also 0 to 10):

Control: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Setting: 5 5 5 5 5 5 6 7 8 9 10

Control: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0

Setting:  5 5 5 5 5 5 4 3 2 1 0

It is really simple - and would work well - I wish the Variax had controls like this too as the sudden jumps are a right pain sometimes.

"Latching Controller" is my name for it because I can't find a proper name for the concept - is it based on the Setting Latching onto the Controller only when they are aligned. It is mentioned in the Motif Reference Manual on page 46 http://www.motifator.com/storage/support/motifxf_en_rm_a0.pdf [warning BIG pdf]

What keyboards such as the Yamaha Motif do to get around this problem is the "Latching Controller" concept where the setting is not changed until the control reaches the setting level. An example will explain this really easily - assume Control is the position of the knob/slider in (0 to 10) and that Setting is what the sound producing software sees (also 0 to 10):

I understand that concept, Boss GT8 (and probably the newer ones) had that same approach. It is a nice feature. Encoders instead of analog pots would be even better but that would make POD more expensive and probably more fail prone (and obviously not possible to upgrade with a firmware update :) ).

What they need for this is a nice IOS or (god forbid) Android remote controller where this would not be a problem :).

zbf.

Hello ZBF,

#2 is possible. don't have pod here, you can check the manual. It is in there.

Yes but... I want to like the patch 01A "Son Of Plexi" and I do not see how they did, and when I made ​​this adjustment by the editor it does not work like that, so it must be a tip.

#3 could be some issue with your computer

Not my computer, if I restart HD500X working properly. ^_^

Its your computer losing the driver, I had the same problem on Win7.... If you have to restart the computer, its your computer, not the POD. 

To assign something to the expression pedal you have to go into the controllers menu, choose your effect/amp parameter, choose which controller to use, and make sure you have the pedal set to the right one (1/2). I have some patches where I control the amp gain with the pedal, some that control multiple modulation mix parameters, some that sweep an EQ frequency....pretty much anything that you can adjust on an effect/amp can be controlled with a foot pedal.

I'd like to see global delays and reverb settings.

These are two effects that are designed to emulate the sound of various rooms or concert halls. It would be nice to be able to set them just once and then they apply to all presets. This wold be especially beneficial when playing various locations. If playing outdoors we could turn up the effects and they would apply across all presets. Subsequently, This would also help if playing a room with many reflective surfaces and the effects need to be turned down.