Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

pod xt live sends message after years saying 'your amps are not licensed'.

I bought it new.  It died after a year.  Then I had a new motherboard replaced for 400 bucks 6 years ago.  I woke a couple weeks ago up to messages in the tiny display saying 'amp lic. are no longer mine' whilst changing presets with my foot.

I had never hooked this up to a computer till this moment, do the amps need relicensing after 6, 7 years?.  this computer also says it doesn't recognize my unit as a real line6 unit when hooked up as it is now.

Between this amp mess, the failure of the motherboard after a year, that pos 'guitar backtrack 'that failed after a few months, I'm not a fan and never will buy any line6 again, etc.  But the floor pod in question sounds good, mostly.  For 800 bucks, I want it to work.  How to I pay the ransom to get this to work?  I am not tech savvy.  Do I call these people with my serial numbers?

Where are my amps!

Hey Cowboy!

The following assumes the XTL is working as it should btw:

If you never hooked your XTL up to the computer before then you may have never actually owned any model packs except for the FX Junkie and Power Pack (IRRC). If you had bought it used, loaded with the other Packs then yep connecting it online would see that they were unauthorized.

Now if you did buy the model packs you can run the L6 lisence Manager which will see the Packs in your Account and authorize the XTL.  Which you might want to do anyway to get it all registered.

If you need to get in touch with L6 you can go two ways - A Support Ticket  or Call Tech Support.

http://line6.com/support/tickets/

-B

• 4 weeks later...

Might I suggest you try downloading the new License Manager software? I reconnected my Pod after an absence of about  a year and promptly lost  model packs etc..

I downloaded the License Manager software and registered the gear to my computer and all was well again.

When I built a new computer to use the other week I had to install the License Manager on that and use it to un-register the gear from the  old computer and re-register to the new one.

If that fails , then it will be ticket time...