Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax Workbench won't display current JTV guitar model

Does anyone have the problem of the Variax Workbench software not displaying the current guitar model of any given preset?  I am running win7 pro 64 bit on a year old ASUS laptop, all my software, firmware and drivers are the latest and greatest.  The software shows that I am connected.  I have Variax Workbench and HD500 Edit software open at the same time. My JTV59 is connected to the HD500 via the VDI cable supplied with the guitar and the HD500 is connected to the laptop via USB cable.  When I switch presets on the HD500 shouldn't I see the current guitar model in Variax Workbench?  I do see the guitar model change in the HD500 Edit software in the MODEL field of the MIXER tab when I switch presets with the HD500, but not in Variax workbench.  If I switch presets on the guitar shouldn't it display in both Variax Workbench and HD500 Edit.  

I have tried the following:

1. Reloading the software

2. Reloading the firmware and drivers on the HD500

3. Closing HD500 edit software and only running Workbench

4. Swapping out my USB cable

5. Using a different computer

I appreciate any input on this, I do think this is an awesome setup despite this small glitch.

I'd like to try a different HD500 to rule it out, but the local music stores have sold out of them and now have the HD500X.