Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELP NEEDED HD400

miguelsouto

Hi friends, need your help on this one.

I have a HD400, works very nice. I wanto to use some analog pedals that i have, WAH Classic, ECOPLEX PRE AMP, BOSS Distruction DS2.

Can anyone tell me what is the correct way to connect those pedals and use the HD400 ?

Is is correct to do this setup:

Guitar > TC Polytune > Dunlop Clasic WAH > Boss Distruction DS2 > MXR EP-101(ECHOPLEX PREAMP) > HP400 > AMP (MIX BOARD)

Is this setup correct ?? should i change anything ??

Thanks

Miguel Souto

Hey There, it all depends on how the patch is setup on the HD and don't forget you have an FX loop too.

In general, I think of the HD series (and MFX in general) as virtual pedal boards and try to set up everything as if I had a pile of pedals in front of me, then how I want to incorporate the amp, etc.... (its a simplistic explaination but you get the idea). Once you have a starting point your DSP is the limit :)

-B

• Upvote 1

The HD400 has alot of high quality FX in it already. So say you have your pedal board and want to use the HD for some of the FX but not all you will have to create a patch and figure out the routing. Tuner and Wah -> input-> HD stuff -> (dist pedals) loop-> HD amp sims->amp/pa or something like that.

The beauty of the HD is that its all possible. You could run all your pedals into an amp sim on the HD or mix them depending on how it sounds to you.

Mind you I am going off my memory of the HD500.

This is an excellent read: http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/

and this was really good too: http://line6.com/support/topic/9259-perfect-pedal-order-steve-vai/

With the options you have a simple "yes" would be too easy :)

Try them and see how it sounds.

-Bill

• Upvote 1

Hi friends, need your help on this one.

I have a HD400, works very nice. I wanto to use some analog pedals that i have, WAH Classic, ECOPLEX PRE AMP, BOSS Distruction DS2.

Can anyone tell me what is the correct way to connect those pedals and use the HD400 ?

Is is correct to do this setup:

Guitar > TC Polytune > Dunlop Clasic WAH > Boss Distruction DS2 > MXR EP-101(ECHOPLEX PREAMP) > HP400 > AMP (MIX BOARD)

Is this setup correct ?? should i change anything ??

Thanks

Miguel Souto

I ran a bunch of Boss pedals with my HD400 for a while...The routing in the HD400 is nothing like the 500...it the old PRE/POST setup that Line 6 always used. I had some in front and used the loop for my old Flanger and DM3...

Since everything you have is basically what I would call PRE, I think you have a good approach...However, you could put them into the FX Loop of the 400 and be able to turn all of it ON/OFF from the HD400 Fx Loop switch...just set the FX Loop PRE...and use the send level to get things balanced...or use it for a boost...

HD400 FXLoop send->TC Polytune > Dunlop Clasic WAH > Boss Distruction DS2 > MXR EP-101(ECHOPLEX PREAMP)->HD 400 FX Loop Return.

The send still works when the loop is switched off, so your tuner should still work...

• Upvote 1

Thanks ALL.

I think i get what for me its good.....

Guitar > Polytune > Echoplex PreAmp > Classic Wah > HD400 GUITAR IN > HD400 FX send > Dyna Compressor > Boss DS2 > Phase 90 > HD400 FX Return > From HD400 XLR out > Edirol M16DX Digital Mixer

I am happy with the sound..Thanks to all your help

@aerosol_d7, yes me too.....in my case depends a lot os the pedals, for exemple in my first setip i put the echoplex booster in FX Send/return and the noise was to much...i out them after the guitar and the noise was OK....i gest you must try sereval combinations....

regards