Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cant detect JTV, usb flashing red

I loaded the battery full and tried to revert back to 1.9 today. The flash failed

and the JTV 59 died. The usb adapter blinks red and neither mokey or workbench can detect the guitar.

The battry is fully charged, the volume knob is at 10 and i have both the jacks connected, still

the guitar is dead and the model selector knob doesnt light up. Nothing doeas.

Its really frustrating. Everything worked fine until the flash failed so its not a battery, or

knob issue i believe. Damn it this guitar is frustrating

To be honest, and its not to smear in any way. I had it for 3-4 month but only been able to use it once.

First i did all updates with 2.0 but one or two strings were way overpowering when i played. Strange mud also that didnt make it sound clear.  I tried to fix it in eq but i compared it to a vst and i had to go with that, because the deadline was short. This latest project, i decided to lets get some use for it. Revert to 1.9 as suggested but error and bricked. I put in a ticket. I work with short deadlines and the ticket times are 3 business days so that means i cant use it this project either. No forum answer.

I really want this to work damn it. I love the concept and the guitar is nicely build.

I dont have time with weeks long email conversations, so yea.. well see what my final verdict

will be on this guitar. I still got hope

To be honest, and its not to smear in any way. I had it for 3-4 month but only been able to use it once.

First i did all updates with 2.0 but one or two strings were way overpowering when i played. Strange mud also that didnt make it sound clear.  I tried to fix it in eq but i compared it to a vst and i had to go with that, because the deadline was short. This latest project, i decided to lets get some use for it. Revert to 1.9 as suggested but error and bricked. I put in a ticket. I work with short deadlines and the ticket times are 3 business days so that means i cant use it this project either. No forum answer.

I really want this to work damn it. I love the concept and the guitar is nicely build.

I dont have time with weeks long email conversations, so yea.. well see what my final verdict

will be on this guitar. I still got hope

This is a real shame DMKA1 because I have had my JTV since release date, it's never had a glitch and sounds awesome! You're in a bad place right now but hopefully you'll get the problem sorted and never look back.....good luck!

Hi, DMKA1. I'm sorry to see you run into trouble with your guitar. I see that one of our reps replied to your ticket on 9/12/14. It sounds like the best course of action is to have the guitar repaired or replaced via Luthman, per the ticket. Please respond to us directly in your ticket with any further questions.

I had nothing but trouble with BOTH my new JTV-59 and DT25 amp. Also a Spider-75 for my grandson that wasn't worth having.

Yet, if you post a less than flattering response to another person that is having the SAME problems that I and many others were having......

and I find this very enlightening, a Product Engineer,ie:Digital Igloo, from Line6 comes online and passes out negitive votes 'cause he doesn't respect your opinion.

Maybe you should work harder on making a better more RELIABLE product and not be so narrow minded when you get some negitive feedback.

After All....It's supposed to be an "Open Forum" and that includes both the good and the not so good.

The truth is that alot of customers are having REAL problems and the solution seems to be to try to keep any opinion you don't want to hear off the forum site? Yup, you have a core of happy users, but the truth is the Forum is loaded with alot more folks having problems than you seemingly want to admit.

And all the while we,as consumers, are supposed to be glad that we bought stuff that has an obviously substancial amount of glitches, bad parts, bad firmware, poor support and a failing reputation for being reliable?? How much redoing and reflashing and rolling back and not working and paper under the knobs and sending in back for repair is OK with you???? One doesn't buy this gear so we can fix it at home when you provide a less than quality product.

If you don't want poor evaluations here.....make better stuff!

C W

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am not sure who you are talking to here.  This is a USER's Forum!!!!!

Well I wasn't addressing you per say. More like the orignal poster and Line6. It was a general statement and evaluation from a registered "USER", former or not, on an open forum site where everybodys opinion is supposed to be welcome.

If you don't like what I have said, I'm sorry....an easy fix is to not read my posts.

Be mature and realize that other people might have a different opinion than yours.

I didn't think it was up to you to moderate the forum either.

Agree to Disagree if you will.

But it looks like others agree with the statement made.

Now your sure....................C W

You are Ranting at Line 6 I assume when you say "Maybe you should..."  You are barking up the wrong tree.  We are users here.  We help each other solve problems but we don't have anything to do with your problems.

Why don't you give it a rest there Charlie???

Seems yer "Ranting" too.........

Or is this a private club for fanboys?

After all....your just a regular smuck,like me,who's ego seems to have gotten out of hand.,

I'm not going to quit using the forum on your say so.

Line6 reads the posts and thats why I've posted what I have said here.

We is a user also.

I REPEAT...IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY POSTS...DON't READ THEM.

C W

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, DMKA1. I'm sorry to see you run into trouble with your guitar. I see that one of our reps replied to your ticket on 9/12/14. It sounds like the best course of action is to have the guitar repaired or replaced via Luthman, per the ticket. Please respond to us directly in your ticket with any further questions.

Sorry i havent answered. I didnt think the thread would continue. 

I contacted Luthman as the ticket said. I sent two emails and heard nothing back.

I gave them full two weeks to respond but nothing. I contacted the store i bought it from instead and

they suggested i send it back, so right now.. today acctually its wrapped and ready to be shipped back tomorrow.

It will probably take 2-3 weeks and hopefully DHL handles it with care, and its smooth after that. Well see what they say.

Are you using a TRS plug for the 1/4-inch jack?

It prefers TRS to a regular guitar plug (TS).

It was a TS plug acctually. I didnt know that. Guess

i have to buy a TRS plug tomorrow.  Thanks

Why don't you give it a rest there Charlie???

Seems yer "Ranting" too.........

Or is this a private club for fanboys?

After all....your just a regular smuck,like me,who's ego seems to have gotten out of hand.,

I'm not going to quit using the forum on your say so.

Line6 reads the posts and thats why I've posted what I have said here.

We is a user also.

I REPEAT...IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY POSTS...DON't READ THEM.

C W

I get where you coming from. I have a graveyard section at home with faulty gear from all different companies. The thing is, dont rant at support man. Doesnt matter if its restaurants, products or hotel lobbys. You cant take it personal. No one is trying to hustle us. Not sure you realize how your tone comes across, but judging from your response above you sound douchy and your points gets lost because of it. Its hard to know if you just spewing negative shi.t or if you acctually have a point. No one at Line6 sits with a perfect guitar in their lap and says "Lets put some buggs in this cause f em". Support here has been good from my perspective (except Luthman ). Im not sure i will keep the Guitar, i have to test it in some projects before i know if its for me but if it aint, i sell and check back later whats coming down the pipelines.

I definitely do not understand the comments about "...it prefers a TRS plug".  A TRS cable is required only if you intend to power the onboard electronics from one of the little foot-pedal style adapters.  I have never experienced an issue using a mono plug when running on batteries.  Certainly nothing in any of the documentation indicates the need for a TRS cable under normal operation.

I've had my JTV-69 and am able to use it with the battery (though that doesn't keep a charge for very long), but have yet to succeed in getting it to work with the USB interface. I see a green light on the USB side and a blinking red light on the variax cable side. I'm running the latest workbench / variax / monkey software and it "sees" the USB interface...but no guitar.

Suggestions?

• 1 year later...

You have to have a 1/4" cable plugged in the guitar and have the volume knob up. The Workbench interface doesn't power guitar, and the guitar won't turn on unless you have a 1/4" cable in it.

Thank you! Brand new Variax user here, and it's nice to see that somebody can just answer the question without going all whiny.