Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Creating presets - a new way to soundcheck

Hi. 

So I Have some recordings of past shows mixed on the M20d. Tomorrow I'll have a gig so I'm already soundcheking!  :lol:

On the soundcheck before the GIG everyone is always thinking about the dinner and there is never any time to really go deep with the tweaking. It's always just plug in, load some factory presets, adjust quickly with the quick edit mode, do relative levels and go dinner :(   

So I'm doing some presets in advance, listening trough my studio monitors and with a flat main out.

Hopefully I can just get the PA sounding nice and flat in the room, load the presets and get nice sound with minor tweaking!

All the recorded sounds were captured in the same conditions (volume), with the same mics and performing the same material as the presets will be used for tomorrow.       

Let's see if it works  :rolleyes:  :D

Duarte,

I've tried on the past doing so, but there are two factors, one is the acoustic instruments (like drums) that can interact with the room. The second one that I keep hitting is that gain and room interaction changes the actual instrument capture.

On open air our presets actually just need small tweaking. I actually rehearse (on several days so not to have hearing fatigue) some of the recordings and tweaked tones.

On our last gigs we adjust gain and tonality, rotating a lot faster on soundcheck. We also use our line6 body packs and have musicians hearing each other live performances with full acoustics.

PL