Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD500x to DT25, Channel switch?

Palico

I wanted to see about figured out a channel type of switch for the modelled amps on my POD over the L6 link to my DT25.  Based on some post it, I thought I could put setup a dual amp and just turn off amp A for amp B and assign to swtich. The problem I found was than when I turn off Amp A on the POD the DT switches to channel B but it's not the modelled amp, it's whatever I left on channel B on the DT itself. 

What I would like to do is swtich from Amp A to B on the POD but keep the DT running just to emulate a channel switch.

Anyone run into this and is there any solution to it? Or is this just not possible with the current software?

If you want to use a dual patch you're going to have to plug into the front or go into the DT's power amp. I do this sometimes and get good results. I think since there's so many options switching patches with the Pod you don't need channel B. What I do sometimes is set up the Jet City Picovalve half stack and the DT50 half stack as a stereo system using Stack Combo Amp and/or Studio Direct.

Anyone run into this and is there any solution to it? Or is this just not possible with the current software?
The problem I found was than when I turn off Amp A on the POD the DT switches to channel B but it's not the modelled amp, it's whatever I left on channel B on the DT itself. 

That's apparently the current behavior when using Link, bumped my nose into this when I first got my Dream Rig.  I can understand why you can't run "dual amp" setups - i.e. two amps running in parallel - after all the DT is only ONE amp.  But I was (am) a bit dismayed at the inability to switch amps within a POD program.  I suppose there's some technical reason behind it, find it hard to believe they'd miss such an obvious function unless there was.

So I just have "one amp per program" - a minor annoyance that I've learned to work with...

I wanted to see about figured out a channel type of switch for the modelled amps on my POD over the L6 link to my DT25.  Based on some post it, I thought I could put setup a dual amp and just turn off amp A for amp B and assign to swtich. The problem I found was than when I turn off Amp A on the POD the DT switches to channel B but it's not the modelled amp, it's whatever I left on channel B on the DT itself. 

What I would like to do is swtich from Amp A to B on the POD but keep the DT running just to emulate a channel switch.

You can setup a dual-amp and just place a panner just before the split. link the expression pedal to the panner so that up is amp A and down is amp B. or you could link the panner to fs1-4 for instant switch between amp A or amp B.

Sammy

• Upvote 1