Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stagescape Version 2 planned?

With all the wifi congestion (pollution?) around, remote control---on any mixer brand---could be subject to dropouts and problems in communication.

With a system that only works over wifi, I'd be really nervous.

+ 1

Wi-fi is just too flaky to trust an entire show to it, with no backup option available. All kinds of stuff can go wrong...

Steve, I found I had a two-tier keyboard stand in a closet. A thin sheet of plywood supports the mixer on the "X" legs (since the legs don't get quite close enough for the mixer), and a sheet of corrugated plastic sits on the upper tier for shade.

The whole thing folds nicely and the plywood and plastic sheets fit in the gator case with the M20d.

I found I had a two-tier keyboard stand in a closet. A thin sheet of plywood supports the mixer on the "X" legs (since the legs don't get quite close enough for the mixer), and a sheet of corrugated plastic sits on the upper tier for shade.

The whole thing folds nicely and the plywood and plastic sheets fit in the gator case with the M20d.

Thanks for the tip!  Shade is key to reading GUI control touchscreens when your band performs shows at noon! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi stevekc,

Can you give more opinions on the QSC TouchMix versus StageScape?

How is the Recording? Especially how cumbersome or quick/easy is it to immediately start recording? I recommended to Line6 that it would be great to have a mode to quickly record, like 1-button press and a new folder is automatically created and starts recording in there. I'd also like to know how long it takes the TouchMix to detect a 1TB drive since it takes the StageScape 3 to 4 minutes until my Voyager 1TB drive is detected so that I can record to it.

Any other thoughts on the differences both pro and con?

thanks!

That would be great, are you talking about the m20d StageScape? I thought stevekc was withthe touchmix.

If the StageScape does that, wonderful, can't wait to try it, strange that I wasn't corrected by Line6 when i asked for the feature, i've always gone to the root of the drive and clicked to create a new folder, typed a name etc, selected it , then hit record.

I think what scotterp was referring to is that once you've created your recording folder, each start/stop process generates a new sub-folder automatically.

So, if you've created a folder "ourgig" and have a soundcheck where you record, then set 1 and set 2 recorded, stopping the recording in-between, you end up with:

SD > ourgig > Recording 1 [soundcheck]

SD > ourgig > Recording 2 [set1]

SD > ourgig > Recording 3 [set2]

Each folder then contains the numbered and named wav files that match to your inputs (if enabled), plus the MainOut.wav mix (if enabled)

Ah ok i think i know the problem then, I was taking the SDcard out in between to download data after recording.

Would this technique work by:

1. Plugin an SDCARD that has previous recordings on it.

2. Just press record without doing anything else?

Or

1. Plugin an Empty SDCARD or Hard Drive

2. Just press record without doing anything else?

This is the kind of functionality I was looking for, means a non-techie can put in their sdcard and press record, and voila a folder would be auto created for them on the sdcard and recording would commence. If it does work that would that'd be GREAT, will have to try it, i always assumed that after plugging in SDcard or HD, that i had to navigate to sdcard first, choose or make dir etc and only after hit record button...

oh and i'm not 'that' lazy i just don't have it here right now to test and see for myself :D

(and about the above question in previous post in between the recordings the m20d would be powered off, so idea is power on the m20d, plugin the new SDcard/HD or one with previous recordings on it, and be able to record again by just pressing record and thats it, without browsing sd/hd or selecting folder etc..)

• 3 weeks later...