Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Extra Speaker Cab for DT50

Rickbendel

Was wanting to place an additional speaker on the other side of the stage at the request of my 2nd guitarist.  

The back of the DT50 doesn't have, from what I can tell, anywhere to do this.

It's a DT50 Combo.  I used to have a full stack (other brand) and split the two cabs up and it was perfect.

I love my DT50 (Full Dream Rig Setup) but i'm completely lost here on how to send out a 2nd cab.

There is the ohm section, but it says in bold not to plug in more than ONE.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Rick

Looks like you can use 2, 8 ohm cabs or 2, 16 ohm cabs. Glad I could help some. I did a 16 ohm cab and an 8 ohm cab, in parallel, and went into the 4 ohm out jack. Sounded pretty good to me.

A note I made so I wouldn't forget, lol:

Just got a DT25 Extension Cabinet 90w 12" 8 Ohm and man it sounds very nice. After playing with a JCA12S+ 100w 12" 16 Ohm speaker which rocks also I can hear the difference between the 2. The DT25 Cab seems smoother and softer, The Jet City Cab seems louder when played at the same volume level on the DT50 Head. Must have something to do with the Impedance.

Since I have a 1/4" thru (parallel) on the back of the Jet City Cab I'm going to run that into the DT25 Cab, the two cabs in parallel totaling 5.33 Ohms. In short It will be 4 Ohm out the DT50 Head to JCA12S Cab "input" jack, out the JCA12S "thru" jack, to the DT25 Cab.