Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

MIDI Mobilizer II with iOS 8

pepechin

Hi

I use iPhone 4S with Roland V-Drums app.

Just upgraded to iOS 8 and Midi stopped to work. The app doesn't receive nothing and also there's no led activity in the interface.

I don't know if the problem is in the app or in the MIDI interface.

Some advice?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have the same problem.  I tried this on an iPhone 4s and iPad 3 with iOS 8 and you can see the mobilizer but you cannot send messages.  I bought these for the school I teach at.  Luckily the iPads at the school are still running iOS 7 for now.  They work perfectly.  Is there any information available about an update at this point?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just got a Midi Mobilizer II. I have an Iphone 4s ios 8.2.

It works sometime, but I don't know when or how I've made it works.

When it doesn't, it is seen by apps but no midi events, like all of you.

Line6, shouldn't you do something ?

Jief

I opened a support ticket for my MIDI Mobilizer II about this iOS 8 issue.  The response from Line 6 was that they would send a replacement MIDI Mobilizer.  I am still waiting on this, so I can't confirm if it was an issue with the hardware or iOS8.  It should be noted that the representative at Line 6 said that he had never heard of this issue, so I gave him to the link to this forum.  I am confused as to the point of posting to these forums if no one from Line 6 checking them for major issues like this.  The MIDI Mobilizer is not working with any apps on iOS8 including the Line 6 provided MIDI Memo at this point and as far as I can tell it only did once for a few minutes.  The school I work at went with the Yamaha i-MX1 and they are working fine across operating systems.

Hello Everyone,

After opening a support ticket, I received a new MIDI Mobilizer from Line 6 today.  It doesn't work on any device running iOS8.  As I mentioned in my previous post this is not an issue with these devices using an iDevice to MIDI interface as they can use the i-MX1 with no issue.  This thing is useless and I can't return it to the vendor at this point.

Lame.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this from the open support ticket:

Hi. Our test lab confirms this is a bug with some potential workarounds. I do not yet know when it will be fixed.

It does appear that using Midi Memo Recorder to PLAY midi OUT or launching an app that sends MIDI OUT seems to trick functionality back into working. It seems that sometimes an iOS device restart is also needed. Unplugging/Replugging the Midi Mobilizer II also sometimes works.

Try this.

• 3 years later...

Sorry, I see this is the Midi Mobilizer II forum. I am talking about the Midi Mobilizer I with the old iphone/ipad  dock, not the lightning cable. This version of MIDI Memo Recorder will not download on my device.   All the older Line6 apps are not available unless someone has already purchased them before they were updated. I was so happy to see the Midi Mobilizer I still available at the music store, hoping to use my old ipad again and discovered that Apple no longer has the software. Only Line 6 could provide the older version directly and maybe install manually the .ipa I guess, no idea how that would work. 

• Compatible with all iPhone and iPod touch models. (iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch, iPod Touch 2G)

SOLVED!!!!   Login to App store with a new iphone, download MIDI Memo Recorder.  

Then go to older ipad, in App store browse recently purchased items. Download MIDI Memo Recorder again, this time it will allow downloading the older version.  

Thanks Phil for the tip "MIDI Memo Recorder."  Too bad most of the other software is also not available but at least something works. 

YEAH!!!

• 5 months later...