Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 support lied to me

polmacanraoi

here is my conversation with line6 support this week RE 2.50 update for vetta:

I can not believe they blatently lied..... I think its now time to

get them to stand by their customers and finally get a revised 2.50 update out there, that WONT brick amps.

i laid it out simply.... LINE6 KNOW THEIR VETTA 2.50 UPDATE IS FAULTY, AND ARE NOT WILLING TO SUPPORT THE GUYS WHO SUPPORTED THEM THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH A RECESSION

polmacanraoi Sep 24, 17:58 PM do you have the syx version, as your recent l6 monkey does not recognise the vetta update path afisher Sep 24, 14:23 PM VettaCombo_2_50.vtf afisher Sep 24, 14:23 PM Hello,

I have attached the update. By using it, you agree to the risks of bricking your amp and understand that we cannot repair your amp for free if it does brick. The file is "use at your own risk" only.

Regards,
Andrew
Product Support
Line 6 polmacanraoi Sep 23, 10:22 AM i have invested a considerable amount of time setting up my patches to include whammy etc, which do not come in any there update. and for the record, i have never bricked a vetta before, so it is very assuming of your service manager, that all vetta owners are complete morons.

i have seen other users on the forum, receiving their updates, up to last month

i therefore demand an update, or i will be seeking my legal options, as i feel i was sold a product, that line6 know has a system default.

otherwise, why would they take the update down, when they could've simply went back to the drawing board, and either created a simple update app, or actually distributed something that worked.

As a result, i have a vetta that doesn't work. polmacanraoi Sep 23, 06:16 AM So this means that a flagship amp that has an update, doesn't have an update??

Do you not think that line6 would work on a fix rather than disabling their customers??

I am not happy about this. And this will turn me off buying any further line6 products in the future.

Your service manager needs to do his job properly!! afisher Sep 22, 16:51 PM Hello,

Unfortunately we do not have the update available anymore. Since there have been way too many individuals breaking their amps while updating, the service manager has taken the download down and we do not have the firmware for distribution.

Regards,
Andrew
Product Support
Line 6

For shame Andrew, and his service manager!!! Anyone that needs the update, drop me a PM, i will be uploading it to my own webpage

• 4 weeks later...

Paul, we're sorry that you feel this way about our decision to remove the update from free distribution. What Andrew was trying to express is that the amount of updates that failed due to a faulty MIDI connection and subsequently damaged the amp during the update process prompted us to make this decision as a precautionary measure. It's not due to a faulty firmware. We've updated plenty of Vettas successfully here at our service depot and in customer support. At this point, we only supply the file on an as needed basis, along with the above knowledge. Given that, users can then perform the update at their own risk. We ask that you not post the file for distribution to avoid potential legal ramifications.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah.... "Unfortunately we do not have the update available anymore" is an as-needed basis.

so are you confirming that the vetta has a manufacturing fault???

​more to the point.... how come i can't update the vetta manually in line6monkey?

have you removed that too, because I've had to go to the expense of getting a midisport uno to update to 2.50

if not, which version of monkey should i use to update on my mac?

• 4 months later...

the update will be made available as needed....

if you need the update you'd need to contact support either via support ticket or phone.

i'd be surprised if there are many vetta's out there that aren't already updated.

I think it worthwhile to point out that most update failures happen due to someone trying to use the wrong MIDI cable. It's just not worth it to put your amp at risk trying to avoid buying a 30 or 40 dollar M Audio Uno cable. I don't care if what you have works for something else, just get the cable for the amp upgrade if for nothing else and do it right or you'll only have yourself to blame for the consequences.

Paul, we're sorry that you feel this way about our decision to remove the update from free distribution. What Andrew was trying to express is that the amount of updates that failed due to a faulty MIDI connection and subsequently damaged the amp during the update process prompted us to make this decision as a precautionary measure. It's not due to a faulty firmware. We've updated plenty of Vettas successfully here at our service depot and in customer support. At this point, we only supply the file on an as needed basis, along with the above knowledge. Given that, users can then perform the update at their own risk. We ask that you not post the file for distribution to avoid potential legal ramifications.