Sign in to follow this  
mwrigor

Number of channels on TBP12

I'm puzzled about something. I recently bought a xd-v75 handheld mic system, and at the same time I bought a TBP12 bodypack transmitter separately since they're supposed to work seamlessly with any of the line6 receivers. I changed both to RF1 since that is the recommendation I find all over.

But I noticed something that I can't figure out. I can only access channel 1-12 on the tbp12 while the xd-v75 receiver has 14 channels available.

Why is this? Firmware trouble? Something else? How do I fix it so the TBP can access all 14 channels?

TBP12 has multiple versions so it depends on which version you bought. If it is "Relay" branded then only 12 channels are possible. Same way if it is V55 branded. Only the V70/75 versions have 14 channels available to match up with V70/75 receivers.

Yes it is a Relay model. I didn't realize the transmitters were different. Is it a hardware difference or just firmware/software? Any kind of update I can do to get 14 channels on the transmitter? Or do I simply have to buy another one to get the 14 channels?

The G90 TBP12 with v2 firmware or later will support 14 channels, but only in RF2 mode. The Receiver adapts automatically to RF1 or RF2 mode so it will always let you select 14 channels.