Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Use HD500 as controller for HD Pro X?

blakeevan311

I currently own a POD HD500 and love it. I would like to transition to a rack-based system though, so I want to get a POD HD Pro X. However, I still need floor control. I was wondering if rather than selling the HD500 and buying a FBV Shortboard MkII, maybe there's a way to use the HD500 to control the Pro X? Being able to have the HD500 "mirror" the Pro so I have properly labeled buttons and a screen that shows all my FX blocks, but all the processing be done at the rack to minimize cabling. Can you get this level of control by setting up the HD500 as a MIDI controller for the Pro X?

You'd probably have to look at the advanced manual for more specific details, but you can use the hd500 as a midi controller for the hd pro x. In addition to that, you could then take the digital out from the hd500 to the digital in on the hd pro x and get twice the processing power.

It can be done.  The easiest way is to have your patch locations synchronised on the two devices. The midi from the HD500 will select the patch on the Pro.  It's a simple program change command.

You can get fancy and spread the patches across the two devices, but it does get fiddly.

Cheers,

Crusty