Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Am I supposed to hear my Variax in Workbench? (I don't)

I tried searching but I just can't find an answer. I've loaded Monkey and Workbench onto my laptop. I installed all the stuff from Monkey (firmware, drivers etc). But maybe I'm missing something. One instruction from the Workbench Pilot guide mentions having the latest "Line 6 Audio/MIDI Driver". What is it and where do I get it? Do I need to pick some product OTHER than JVT Variax and the Variax USB Interface to download the driver? If its not the driver then maybe I misunderstand the set up. SHOULD I hear anything? I'm using headphones into the laptop. It seems pointless to give me an interface and software and no way to hear the tweaks I am making. 

Sorry if this is redundant. I've been searching for a solution for an hour to no avail.

Green lights on both ends btw. That seems to be a common troubleshooting question.

The interface to JTV is a MIDI one that exchanges System Exclusive data (the firmware settings for the JTV).  Workbench allows you to change the configuration of all of the JTV patches.

What it doesn't do is transfer audio - you still need to listen to the JTV through an Amp exactly as you would without the computer connected.