Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bass Guitar Into Hd500 And Dt25?

innovine

Any opinions on running a bass guitar into hd500 flip top with a dt25 connected? For home use only. Will this stress the dt25 speaker, and if not, will it sound like lollipop anyway, due to the speakers frequency response?

I've done it before. I think I did it before the flip top was available and used the black face model and it very passable. the idea here would be if the speaker sounds stressed then it probably is. low level should be fine though. ii don't think it's the most ideal situation though, if you are just doing it for recording there are some very good free plugins around that might work better for you. Im not the biggest fan of the flip top model I don't really use it

This is for home recording, at low volume, mostly for when I play electric drums. I thought it might be nice to run the bass through the amp, but I can also run it through the floor monitors which I use for the drums, or entirely in headphones. Just curious about my options. I guess the best recording sound is hd500 direct into the computer but it sure feels better with a separate amp